The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G New GSX with some issues, won't start after sitting 5 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_and_case

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Monticello, New_York
Ok, so we just bought a 95 gsx with 80k on it.... BUT it has been sitting for the better part of 5years. (only paid $1300) So here is our issue: Car cranks but won't turn over. We changed plugs, wires and replaced the old battery, checked for spark but none on any cylinder. So pulled the control module off of the wife's gsx and still nothing. We know her's work because she drives the car almost daily. After this we noticed that the camshaft sensor behind the cam gears was broken.

A friend of ours did some research and informed us that the camshaft, crankshaft, fuel and coils are on the same circuit ? So since that sensor is broken I won't get spark.... sounds odd to me. Obviously that sensor will get replaced and the timing redone.... any other suggestions are welcome.
Here is a list of the cars mods just in case:
Greddy 3" Power Extreme (PE) Catback
Hi-Flow Cat
RRE RSR style downpipe
Ported 14b turbo
Ported O2 housing
Ported exhaust manifold
Greddy Upper Intercooler pipe
Greddy Type S blow off valve
Apexi Front Mount Intercooler
Injen Intake system
Greddy Profec B-Spec II Electronic Boost Controller
RRE Catch Can/Crank Case Breather
Magnacore 8.5mm ignition wires
NGK cold plugs
Apexi Super Air Fuel Converter (S-AFC)
Walbro 255HP Fuel Pump
Autometer 52mm Boost and Air/Fuel Gauges in dual pillar pod
Greddy Turbo Timer

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I did a compression test had 0 on 2 cylinders and right around 155 on the other 2. I kind of figured I would have a few issues after that but the only way to tell is to tear it down. When I get to the shop tomorrow I'll take a few pics and put them up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back