The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

new engine, only firing on 1 cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumbler

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2006
Sicklerville, New_Jersey
replaced the 420a engine in my 1997 eclipse gs m/t. replaced complete harness and ecu.(previous owner butchered harness) i have 220 psi compression across the cylinders. i have spark and a noid light confirms injectors are pulsing. but when it fires up it is only running on cylinder #4. anyone ever have a problem like this. bought car and extra parts thinking i would put engine and harness in and it would fire up and run normal......not so , so far. any help would be appreciated.

Not sure of where to point you in the right direction but I tried to do a harness/ecu and tranny swap. I had a few different issues because of certain ground wires I missed. is the harness and ecu the same year as your motor? are you sure its only one cylinder? 1 & 4 run together of off the coil I was going to say test your coil but hmm thats tuff. Is the motor stock?

I just seen your mods 220 psi on compression for 8.8:1 is alot I think. I had 230 but im running 10.5:1. all I can think of is the wiring needs to be double checked. Or try a different ecu if you have one. do you know your oil pressure or fuel pressure? What kind of gap are you running on your spark plugs?

the motor is bored .020 over. crank is polished. dished valve relief pistons. mls head gasket, arp studs. have upgraded fuel system, walbro.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back