The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

need to look at some oem 6 bolt pistons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
I found some metal in the oil and need some confirmation. Anyone got a set I can swing by and look at?

^^^^^ true story

DSM Swap meet @ Kris's garage ;D

well since you were here last I haved aquired an additional full awd swap setup, two full motors and pieces to a gs-t. im gonna start my own song. 12 old used tires, 11 timing pulleys, 10 useless crankshafts, 9 intake mani's, 8 sets of valvetrain, 7 center consoles, 6 lbs of head bolts, 5 6 bolt blocks, 4 broken cars, 3 cylinder heads, 2 fuel pumps, and a floor full of unorganized tools.

well since you were here last I haved aquired an additional full awd swap setup, two full motors and pieces to a gs-t. im gonna start my own song. 12 old used tires, 11 timing pulleys, 10 useless crankshafts, 9 intake mani's, 8 sets of valvetrain, 7 center consoles, 6 lbs of head bolts, 5 6 bolt blocks, 4 broken cars, 3 cylinder heads, 2 fuel pumps, and a floor full of unorganized tools.

Are the center consoles in good condition? ;D , Ive been thinking of swapping my ugly lidless console for a 97-99 one :D

Also for the GST / AWD parts, I may visit you when I get a turbo'd car! :sneaky:

Thinking of selling the RS and getting a GST or GSX off CL. :confused: not sure yet

Just so every one knows, I think my spider is for sale in Oceanside by the base... a few people saw it recently and they all think it was mine

Are the center consoles in good condition? ;D , Ive been thinking of swapping my ugly lidless console for a 97-99 one :D

Also for the GST / AWD parts, I may visit you when I get a turbo'd car! :sneaky:

Thinking of selling the RS and getting a GST or GSX off CL. :confused: not sure yet

I dont really have those exact counts of the listed parts and the awd swap stuff is already spoken for and awaiting for an opening in my schedule.its next in line.

can you pm me your phone number so I can get your address and stuff? I think I found the cause, but I want to be 100% sure before I start tearing appart and dropping cash. Do you by chance have a 6 bolt oil pump as well? I told my room mate (whos car it is) to remove the oil pan so we could clean out the coolant (blown headgasket) and I gave him a razor blade. Come home and find him with a butter knife and a hammer. I think its a part of the oil pickup for the oil pump but I can't seem to find the hole this peice came out from. Its definately aluminum so it can only be pistons, rear main seal, or front cover. it wasn't the valve cover thats for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah forgot to reply Kris of course was able to help me out. Apparently this car has had more than one valve cover on it....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back