The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need some help, possible fuel issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryceorbiter

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2008
Freeland, Michigan
Hey guys, my buddy just picked up a turbo 420a in Saginaw and it is giving him a few problems already. The parts list for whats on it should be in this link (eclipse gsT(built)trade?). i personally doubt some of the parts, but until I can verify them I assume this list is correct.

Anyhow, its chugging super hard right now at idle, I think its because of the bigger injectors without any real fuel tuning. Would we be able to switch it to stock injectors or is that a not go because of the 2.4? I do know a few problems we already see are that he has about 3 gaskets that are missing or not working on the exhaust manifold and turbo, as well as some weird line coming off of the intercooler piping that goes to nothing except a taped of end.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Yah i can get one posted tomorrow, its probably a 2.5 foot long hose, ends in a circular piece of metal with the center cut out and an opening for the hose. I've never seen anything like it before.

Ok, he got pics to me today, this is the mysterious piece we can't figure out.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That "weird" fitting is a banjo fitting. And if it is going to an IC pipe, you have a nice size boost leak. Also, you need to put together a list of modifications and symptoms for anyone to even speculate over the Internet.

The list of modifications is in the link at the top in my first post. The main problem we have right now is that it chugs extremely bad while idleing. We can smell fuel when the cars idleing as well.l

Tonight I'm going over their to figure out what the banjo fitting went to and replace a few bad gaskets.

Ok, Ill get some pics in a day or so. For whats modded I'll have to guess on some of it, the kid who traded cars with him had just gotten it himself and had no idea what was goin on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back