The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need Help with 2G EcuFlash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROMs & EcuFlash Defs « ceddy.us

Download the 20550011.xml (the ROM definition file) and place it in folder C: Program Files/OpenECU/ECUFlash/rommetadata/mitsubishi/eclipse. Assuming the drive that ECUFlash is installed on is labeled C.

Make sure you set ECUFlash user level to Developer to see everything.

Which drop down menu in Ecuflash do I use? It does not have an Eclipse option. Im in the process of trying to have my tuner set up my ecu for flashing. ECU#MD346675. What else could keep the Ecu from connecting with ECUFlash?

No drop down menu. -Except for the user level, which is located under File/Options/User Level. You have to manually move the XML you need into the file folder using explorer.

Are you able to datalog?
If you don't have one yet, download a logging program, like EvoScan or Mitsulogger that works with your cable. If it connects then your issue is probably what I wrote in my first post.

A fresh ECUFlash download will only include the XML definition files for 2 of the '99 Eclipse GSX ECU ROMs, any other ROM ID that is used will require you to drop an XML def file into the appropriate ECUFlash rommetadata folder. If you don't have a definition file in the folder for the specific ROM that is actually written into your ECU, then ECUFlash won't be able to interpret your ROM file.

The program must be told by way of a definition file (that also matches your ROM ID) what the memory address that each table you want to use is located at. Memory addresses are unique for each ROM ID that could be written on the ECU.

The easiest thing for you to do if you don't know what ROM is on the ECU right now is to read the ROM that is on the ECU and then save it to disk in a separate special folder on the laptop or on a removable storage media. Whether you have the def file for it or not doesn't matter, you can still flash it back onto the ECU later if need be. Once you have saved the original ROM, now flash the ECU with the 20550011.bin ROM file you downloaded from the link I provided, for which you should also now have the 20550011.xml definition file already dropped into the rommetadata folder. Now you can modify and tune using that ROM since it has been pretty much mapped out already and you will have the most tables/options available to edit if you use it instead of whatever ROM is on the ECU right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back