The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need Help:Removing and Replacing Stock Power Antenna with pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95DSMGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2011
morristown, New_Jersey
Hi guys, I've run into the common DSM problem of the antenna feeder cable breaking but the motor working, leaving that grinding noise everytime I turn off the radio. I simply want to replace the antenna with an oem one but I'm stuck. I removed all the necessary interior pieces but dont know how to pull the antenna assembly out. Where I highlighted are these tabs hold the antenna in place, I'm im afraid of just pulling the motor and antenna down and out, for it could break these tabs. Anyone have an idea what to do? Thanks. Once I get the replacement I will post instructional photos to show how to install it in the motor.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The tabs have nothing to do with it (just hold the rubber spacer in place). Unscrew the nut ring on the antenna on the outside of the car and with inside body mounting bolts removed slide the unit down and out.

But I'd recommend replacing the entire unit with a fixed mast or you will just be in the same situation every other year (in winter water get in and freezes, thaws, freezes, thaws...). I replaced mine and have been happy ever since.

I deleted mine, and filled the hole with fiberglass. Instead of using the antenna I'm going to use an aftermarket one that is put in the interior on the rear windshield. Reception might not be as strong out of the city, but I'm not concerned about that my car is a undergoing a full rebuild anyway right now.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. My car is all stock and I'd like to keep the long RC looking antenna for restoration purposes. As for the nut outside the car doesnt seem to be the conventional nut. What kind of tool would I need to unscrew this thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back