The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need help, Rear end on a GS-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangan

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2002
Wichita, Kansas
Long story short,
A couple weeks ago some guy crossed the center and it forced me into the curb. This bent the shit out of my rear passenger side rim. I replaced the rim and the car still slid around like before. I took it to a Midas so I could get under it and see what was up.

It turns out that my rear torsion axle is bent causing the car to do what feels like really bad over steer in a rwd.

So here are my questions... You can visually see that the wheel and tire are toeing in, I am assuming this has to be whats going on with the weird handleing. I was told that the rear tires didnt have any alignment on them as far as camber so getting it aligned won't help anything, True? Im new to FWD cars so I dont know about the alighnment.

since the tire is toeing out does anyone thing that maybe a camber kit would be able to push it back to it old normal slef.

and lastly...
It doesn't look like it would be hard to replace the rear end. Anyone have any clue as to where I might be able to look online for the parts if I have to do this? I tried mitsugraveyard and they didn't have anything.

Any help would be great. I miss driving it very much.

Thanks,
Mat

My friend's Galant had that problem too..it almost felt like you were drifting around turns it would swing out so much. Long story short, we went to a junkyard got a new rear control arm for like $5, popped it on and it drove great. Keep an eye out for people parting out 1g FWDs and ask them how much they want for it. Its a fairly easy fix once you get the part.

Edit: if you can't find someone, there are several 1gs at my local you-pick-it I might be able to grab. I don't know much about 1g suspension/control parts, but I would think N/T is the same as turfo FWD. You should be able to find plenty of people though

Too bad you are so far away.. I have a complete rear beam from a 90 Laser RS-T (should be the same) sitting in my barn. Coming to WI any time soon?

Later
Arnie

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back