The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need help convincing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
Here is the deal. I have been doing some research on nitrous and checking out the forums with others personal experiences and I have come to the conclusion that nitrous is safe on an engine if you are not stupid with it. I have found a ZEX wet kit for sale for 499.99 from a reputable company and I have the money for it and the extra stuff to make it safe and perform at its best, bottle heater, purge kit, blow down tube, etc. I am staying at home this year and I am going to commute to college everyday and the first year is paid for and if I keep my grades the second year will be paid for and so on, but because I am staying at home still have to go by dads rules and he says that 1. nitrous is too dangerous to have. 2. Its a waste of money. 3. I don't have enough money for "when" it blows my motor to replace it. I need your help fellow dsmers convincing him to let me by the kit and run it. Please help.

Slo2gen said:
Here is the deal. I have been doing some research on nitrous and checking out the forums with others personal experiences and I have come to the conclusion that nitrous is safe on an engine if you are not stupid with it. I have found a ZEX wet kit for sale for 499.99 from a reputable company and I have the money for it and the extra stuff to make it safe and perform at its best, bottle heater, purge kit, blow down tube, etc. I am staying at home this year and I am going to commute to college everyday and the first year is paid for and if I keep my grades the second year will be paid for and so on, but because I am staying at home still have to go by dads rules and he says that 1. nitrous is too dangerous to have. 2. Its a waste of money. 3. I don't have enough money for "when" it blows my motor to replace it. I need your help fellow dsmers convincing him to let me by the kit and run it. Please help.
do you have extra money if you do something stupid and blow the motor? if not, then dont buy it

ps- i had a 2gnt with a 75shot of nitrous, it was fun, but now i look back and see yes it was a waste.

No I do not have the money for a replacement right now but the thing is that I know a guy that can give me some deals on motors "IF" something bad happens and can give me everything for more than half the price. I will have the money to do that by the end of the summer but I don't right now. Alot of people now are saying that working on a NT is a waste of money but I don't think that it is considering that I will continue to work on this car for as long as I can. Yes I probably will spend more money making it fast but its the fact that I can make it different than any car in this area that makes it that much better.

Yeah, im gonna have to 2nd defient there, You shouldnt convince him, HES RIGHT :D

AEM V2 intake, 4-1 Autochrome SS header and down pipe, custom 2.5" exhaust.

NOS? Honestly now. You're prolly running platinum plugs too right? :nono: burn a hole in a piston quick.

Before you spend 500 bucks on nos, buy a 4g63 motor/tranny. You'll be much more happy with the decision.

Besides, NOS doesn't really help to much when you don't have a motor that's putting out serious numbers without it.

Don't be a ricer. Or, go buy a civic. :toobad: :toobad:

ddavisaf said:
Before you spend 500 bucks on nos, buy a 4g63 motor/tranny. You'll be much more happy with the decision.

Besides, NOS doesn't really help to much when you don't have a motor that's putting out serious numbers without it.

Don't be a ricer. Or, go buy a civic. :toobad: :toobad:
what's he going to do with a 4g63 motor/tranny? sure wont fit in his 2gnt.. so shame on you :nono:
and how is getting nitrous oxide being a ricer? why should he buy a civic? your post to him was worthless

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back