1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Need an engine 3000gt VR4

Posted by Rmontalvo23, Aug 24, 2012

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Rmontalvo23

Rmontalvo23 Probationary Member

Joined Mar 14, 2011
    Mountain View, California
    Just finished. My GVR4 build so its on to the next project car.

I know technically the 3000gt doesn't see much action on this forum but I'm hopeful someone might know a guy, etc.

Need a shortblock but willing to buy a long block. Must not have rod knock but snapped timing belt ok. Mainly just need the crank. I believe anything 91-93 would work.

Thanks for any leads. Text or call me: Rich 305-281-3465

444  0

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    13.002 @ 104.560 · Galant VR-4
  2. lilevo

lilevo Probationary Member

Joined May 22, 2010
    Racine, Wisconsin
    I have a perfect forged crank, bare short block just back from the machine shop, rods, pistons, brand new rebuilt heads w bronze guides, etc. I have a thread fs on 3si.org with my same user name with pics.

3. n0de

n0de Proven Member

Joined Sep 22, 2012
    Bolingbrook, Illinois
    Dont know if you're in the jacksonville area anymore but if you ever need a hand or help on the 3000gt/stealth then let me know. This was my last project stealth.
    IMG_0774.jpg

Been working with those cars since 2003

I actually know someone you can get a good deal on stage 3 DR heads with 1mm oversized valves and possibly the shortblock as well (its new)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012

1K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM