The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need a hand

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmh033089

Probationary Member
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
So I just bought a 97 GST, I am having some issues and I would like to know if anyone in the Chicago land area would be able to stop by and let me know what they think? I bet it is something simple, I have never had a turbo before so I am sure it has something to do with that. To give a short run done of what is happening the idle is slow and the battery and brake light come on, and there is no power/acceleration.

Here is my email and cell
[email protected]
773-683-9740

I live around Irving and Narrangest

Any advise or help would be greatly appertained.

Go to VFAQ.COM an look for the vacuum line diagram or go buy a Hanes manual. Then search out each vacuum line an check each connection one at a time. WARNING... do not remove more than one vacuum hose at a time. If replacing vacuum line just go to parts Napa an get 3/16 vacuum line about 15 feet an pull one line off an replace it with new. Use piece you took off measure it out with new vacuum line cut an replace its easy just take your time. This is where I would start. I assume by power acceleration you mean you turbo is not coming on an if it's having idle issues this would be a very good place to start. Hope this helps.

I am going to start that soon ,also I am picking up a boost/vac 0 to 30 gauge tonight. What I mean is when I press on the gas pedal it takes about 2500-3000 rpms before it starts to pick up. it seems really slow and lagging.

Not yet, have to make sure I know where every line is and take my time, I wanna do it right.

Well now I really have an issue, I was on the highway last night and something happened. Now when I put the car in any gear other then neutral or park, the car will dive and die.

I have not been able to do a boost leak test

The 02 up stream went out when this happened last night

getting codes P1400, P1105, and P1600

I need help have to be a work tomorrow at 8pm and my job requires a car.

Research I just did. Go to troublecodes.net/obd2/pcodes.shtml If you type in this ip address it will pull up all the codes that your car can give you. Also try typing in each code for 97 eclipse that your getting an read those as well. Good luck.

Research I just did. Go to troublecodes.net/obd2/pcodes.shtml If you type in this ip address it will pull up all the codes that your car can give you. Also try typing in each code for 97 eclipse that your getting an read those as well. Good luck.

That's for the help, I know ow what the codes mean but I am finding that there are issues behind issues causing these codes. I have someone coming to check the car for me in the morning. He should give me a better idea on what's going on. Thanks for more data points never ha en enough.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back