The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

N1 Downpipe stock exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airmail96

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I was jsut wandering if the Apexi N1 downpipe will bolt straight to the stock exhaust or should i jsut wiat to put it on after i get the rest of the cat back? Also what all do i need to make it fit to the stock exhasut?

Just wait till you have a catback exhaust to put in the N1 downpipe. The N1 is a cat-eliminator downpipe, which means it does not have a Cat. If you live in a state where you have to deal with emissions, don't get the N1 downpipe. I don't know if you have already bought the downpipe, but www.extremepsi.com has a good deal on N1 exhaust and downpipe combo.

yea i alreayd got the downpipe thats why i was asking, so i guess ill wait till i get the rest of the cat back. But , since it takes off the cat it could jsut bolt onto the flange after the cat right ? I i were to get a 3 inch to 2 1/4 reducer?

I dont think it would work because the n1 downpipe is a few inches longer to accomadate the adapter that wouldve been used if you had the catback bolted to the stock exhaust. And having the piping go from 3 inches to the stock size would not be good for exhaust flow.

m1nd64m3 said:
I dont think it would work because the n1 downpipe is a few inches longer to accomadate the adapter that wouldve been used if you had the catback bolted to the stock exhaust. And having the piping go from 3 inches to the stock size would not be good for exhaust flow.

I agree. It won't work unless you cut and weld a flange to the stock cat-back exhaust. Which is why I said to wait till you have a catback exhaust to put in the N1 downpipe. :thumb:

Hey man, I have an N1 3 inch downpipe and cat back, I just want to let you know that you will not be disappointed, it is an amazing exhaust system and fits as perfectly as the stock system. It literally took longer to put the car up on jack stands than it did to install the system. Also, if you are going for super loud, I would suggest a stainless steel o2 sensor housing with dump tube. It is LOUD! I scare people all night long, it's great. Anyway, let me know it works out. By the way, how much did you spend on the downpipe and how much are you planning to spend on the cat back?

airmail96 said:
223 on the down pipe and i think im looknig at 495 for the cat back

Make sure you shop around for your parts. I got my downpipe and catback, Apex N1 3 inch, for $686 shipped. I found prices from other stores and DSMParts.com will price match. And I had my exhaust in 1 week. Just an FYI. http://www.importperformance.com/store/147-KM03

:talon: http://www.importevolution.com/prod...=1272&osCsid=cca044bb78daac927024aa2dac730f6f

Here are the links I sent to dsmparts.com for price matches. Just trying to help you stretch your money man. Hope I helped.

I dont have an awd though, and thats the site i was getting the cat-back from. After shipping and handling though its 495.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back