The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 16g Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSI-Eagle92

Probationary Member
Jul 20, 2010
phoenix, Arizona
I have replaced my stock 14b turbo with a 16g turbo bought off of Craigslist. The car is running fine, but i noticed that my boost goes from - 10 to 0 to about + 5 does that mean that its only giving me 5 pounds of boost or is that 15 Pounds of boost? My car is pretty much stock minus the headers that came with the 16g turbo. I know when i had the stock 14b it would go to +10. What could this mean? If anyone has any feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Whatever PSI your gauge is reading, +/- 1-3 unless your using a good gauge such as AEM or, a crappy gauge like the stock one. The stock one is rather pointless.

Also inline engines generally only have a single header.

are you going off the stock guage? you need a mechanical if you do have a mechanical did you do a boost leak test after install?

I have replaced my stock 14b turbo with a 16g turbo bought off of Craigslist. The car is running fine, but i noticed that my boost goes from - 10 to 0 to about + 5 does that mean that its only giving me 5 pounds of boost or is that 15 Pounds of boost? My car is pretty much stock minus the headers that came with the 16g turbo. I know when i had the stock 14b it would go to +10. What could this mean? If anyone has any feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated.

your seeing -10 vacuum and then it goes to 0 then 5lbs of boost.

check for shaft play on the turbo and or do a BLT

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back