The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

MODERATORS Please Read!!

jibberishballr

Proven Member
Aug 23, 2005
Chico, California
I was recently banned from this site for a week. Ive been following all the grammar and punctuation rules and have not cross posted. Im not sure why I was banned. The reason it gave me was: You Thats all it said. After my first 2 warnings i stopped using "bad" grammar and i still got warnings. Whats the deal?

JessesTalon

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2003
Beaverton, Oregon
Other than a few missed ' and no caplization on one of your I's I'd say your grammer is o.k.

just playing man i dont know why.

TRBOBLU

Proven Member
Nov 15, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
Maybe you should check the "terms of use" section of this site, then go to forum rules. There are other things you must abide by other than punctuation and grammer. I am by no means perfect in what I write on this site. But I believe the moderators are pretty lenient.

knighteclipse1

Proven Member
Jun 13, 2005
white hall, Arkansas
I totally agree with what TRBOBLU said, they are extremely lenient compared to many other sites. It is nice to not have that "ghetto speak" used in the threads which take away from the main intent of the site which is transfer of information. Some people might think that makes the site alittle stuck up, I believe it makes it more productive for those trying to find information.

luvmygst

Proven Member
Oct 17, 2005
radford, Virginia
I am a firm believer in the grammar and punctuiation rules, as well as the no "ghetto speak" I have tried a few other sites that allow this and it drives me nuts. But thats just me I think it helps everyone on the site and it doesn't take that much longer to do it correctly. But on a different note, what happened to the spell check on the bottom of the post screen? It was handy.

ChvyKc

Proven Member
Nov 5, 2003
Cayce, South_Carolina
luvmygst said:
But on a different note, what happened to the spell check on the bottom of the post screen? It was handy.

There is still a spell check. They even have it for the quick replies. It's in the upper right hand conner. It just says ABC and then has a check mark below it.

Back on track with the thread though, I agree with everyone else on the grammer issue. It makes reading the info on the forum a lot easier. The moderators on here are very fair in my opinion. You must have done something else besides grammar in order to get banned. Why don't you write one of them a PM to see if they can't let you know so you can fix the problem. Oldman has never had a problem answering anything that I needed.

knighteclipse1

Proven Member
Jun 13, 2005
white hall, Arkansas
steve said:
If that's what you want you don't have to work at it. We can rush your application to the front of the list.

Steve

Well, I for one want to make it perfectly clear, I love the moderators and rules and don't want to be on that list Steve....;) (did I get all the brown off my nose guys?)

DGajre777

DSM Wiseman
Jul 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
jibberishballr said:
I was recently banned from this site for a week. Ive been following all the grammar and punctuation rules and have not cross posted. Im not sure why I was banned. The reason it gave me was: You Thats all it said. After my first 2 warnings i stopped using "bad" grammar and i still got warnings. Whats the deal?

You could have sent a PM to ANY moderator and they would have told you. There was/is no reason to start a thread about it. :toobad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds