The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

MMCD Version 1.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
Mckeesport, Pennsylvania
This is going to sound like a stupid question but is the v1.8 accurate as far as the extras go? This version has alot of extra read outs like Fuel pump voltage, fuel pressure, EGT, oil pressure to name a few. I realize some things aren't going to read but I was concerned mainly about the fuel pump voltage. If this is accurate I'm only getting 6-7v at idle and 10v at full throttle to the pump. It also jumps around a bit from 8v-10 at full throttle. Is this what my fuel pump is really seing because if so I'm going to do the rewire asap!

yeah, same thing happens when you are in a light with the turn signal on...you can hear the fuel pump starving for more voltage. Install the fuel pump rewire kit and all this will go away.

Rex2342 said:
This is going to sound like a stupid question but is the v1.8 accurate as far as the extras go? This version has alot of extra read outs like Fuel pump voltage, fuel pressure, EGT, oil pressure to name a few.
The DSM ECU doesn't monitor any of these so I'd have to look at what address Clint is using for these parameters to tell you anything more than what your seeing isn't accurate.

The Battery Voltage on the second page is what the ECU sees. None of the parameters on the forth page by default are "real".

Steve

It will be accurate if it's setup properly for "DSM" instead of defaulting to "3S" in the preference page. :D Thanks Steve.

Ok so you guys are giving me conflicting information? I have it setup for DSM but how does the logger monitor the extras if the ECU doesn't monitor them? The only thing I care about right now is the fuel pump voltage. If this is accurate I need to address this area.

The ecu sends out that information to the datalogger just fine if it's set-up to read it. (I think thats what what oldman was saying) mine reads that just fine

Rex2342 said:
Ok so you guys are giving me conflicting information? I have it setup for DSM but how does the logger monitor the extras if the ECU doesn't monitor them? The only thing I care about right now is the fuel pump voltage. If this is accurate I need to address this area.
My post was simply an inside joke between steve and I, when it comes to ECU related questions you should always take steve's advice. Like he said in his post, since the ECU doesn't monitor these vlaues, what you're reading on the logger isn't accurate until the ECU is setup to monitor those values. Sorry if my dumb joke have confused you, my bad.:coy:

oldman said:
My post was simply an inside joke between steve and I, when it comes to ECU related questions you should always take steve's advice. Like he said in his post, since the ECU doesn't monitor these vlaues, what you're reading on the logger isn't accurate until the ECU is setup to monitor those values. Sorry if my dumb joke have confused you, my bad.:coy:

Ok thanks for the help!

Here are the parameters that don't provide usefull outputs on a DSM. Because of how the OBD1 datalogger interface works, they just display a value of some memory location inside the ECU.

First page:
0-5v (I think this is still the EGRT input)
O2-F

Second Page:
VSPD

Third Page:
FLGS (seems to still have bugs displaying IPS)

Fourth Page: (the memory address/logger command))
MAP (E0)
OILP (E2)
EGT (E4)
OILT (E6)
FUEL (E1)
WBO2 (E3)
PLEN (E5)
PUMP (E7)

In earlier versions of MMCd the original author had provided the fourth page for 8 custom things you could log. All you needed to know was the datalogger command to access the parameter. Clint added defaults to support his HSLogger product and hardcoded the conversion routines for the items on the fourth page breaking some of the functionality and confusing people who didn't buy his product.

He also added to the preferences menu a car type parameter and it's default is 3/S. That winds up changing how some of the conversion routines display the logged values like how TIMA is output. Bruce was getting negative timing numbers at idle and it was because he didn't set the car type.

Steve

Has anything been updated on this? Does anyone know anything about the HSLogger project? I can't find anything on this within thge last couple of years.

I'm monitoring WBO2 through the EGRT input, but I would really like to monitor things like boost, fuel, and oil pressure.

I really like MMCd, but would like to expand it's use a little.

Steve.. if you read this... is there anyway to access the ECU registers (override unused inputs, etc.) to take advantage of this?

calan said:
is there anyway to access the ECU registers (override unused inputs, etc.) to take advantage of this?
On a 1G ECU there isn't much to work with. All the imputs are alocated, all but a couple of bytes of memory is used and unless you have a EPROM ECU you can't change the use. So your left with the unused EGRT on a 90-93 federal car. On EPROM ECUs people have used the IAT and Barometric Pressure inputs by taking them out of the airflow/rev code and hardcoding the values.

The HSLogger gets around this same problem on the 3S platform by sitting infront of the ECU in the datalogging chain and intercepting commands to use for returning data from it's ADC inputs. So it's another computer with inputs that it sends back to the logger instead of forwarding those commands to the ECU.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back