The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mitsubishi Day Sept. 21 at Etown

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All in all a good turnout. More Subarus and Evos than Dsm's racing but that's because some idiot setup only bracket racing for the dsms. WTF is that? Dsms are not bracket racing cars. One run they go 10s and the other they go 12s :). Hence why i think alot of people didn't run their cars. Only evos and subarus had a heads up class.

I'm sure everyone saw my car LOL, primered 1g fwd "2.0 liter STI eater" in the back window with a side exit exhaust. I tried all I could to get into the 13's with a one wheel wonder but all I could get was a 14.2 at 97mph. I must say though I did accomplish my goal of beating a subaru. I did beat the bright orange wrx sti whatever it was that looked like it had all the goodies to run low 13's if not better. After this last time running the car Im going to borrow a set of slicks and get my 13 second pass and then be done with it. I'm gonna go awd with link and enjoy myself with amazing 60ft times that a fwd just can't do easily.

(Don't be confused with my buddies white talon that also had the same writing in the back window") a week ago it ran 13.4 a mitsu meet he can't get into the high 13's, go figure.

Sandra- I never introduced myself completly (I'm casey by the way) but I was talking to you about the galant vr4s and was surprised not to see the laser. Sorry you didn't have much luck with the red one either

To make a long story short I guess I'm sorry. LOL, I had high hopes of getting into the 13's almost to the point of bragging about it and then fell so short. BTW. Did anyone see what that mighty max ran? I only saw it in the picture and not at the track. Even if it was slow it was still awesome to see.

I couldnt get traction to save my life while I was down there. Thats really my only issue. The tires would blow through 1st gear, finally catch traction and the boost would drop off from the load on the motor. The turbo wonmt even hit full boost till 7k rpms. So if I couldnt get it off the line its kinda useless. Im the one with the BR0K3N license plate.

I do remember the car and the plate because me and all my friends saw it and said " its a dsm thing" and laughed for probably about 5 minutes? Nice lookin car if im not mistaken it was red with blackish wheels?

a 2g dsm with a shoot was doing 14's

14's is not too bad for first time at the track with the car and considering all the problems we had all day. A lot of bugs had to be worked out and there's still some stuff that needs to be looked over.

During the first pass the throttle body came apart as soon as he launched it. We had the throttle body out in less than 2min. but took a while to find someone with a welder to get it fixed. Then we put it back in and set the idle/tps/throttle stop etc.

Second pass the car shut off during 2nd to 3rd shift. We took it back to the pits and discovered that the ignition would just turn off. We hard wired it so it would stay on no matter what.

Third pass it actually went 13's at 107 I believe but then we discovered that the way we set up the boost wasn't good.
We had it for 10psi in 1st gear, 15psi in 2nd and 30+psi for 3rd and 4th. We had it setup that way to spare the drive train but it wasn't good because the thing wasn't even spooled by the time the 1/4 was over so basically all the runs were done on motor LOL.

Next time out we'll set it for 15psi in 1st, 25psi in 2nd and 35psi in 3rd and 4th and go from there or we even talked about a small shot to wake up the turbo.

The car makes power, it put down 600+awhp but we weren't able to use it this time. :coy:

Stay tuned.

14's is not too bad for first time at the track with the car and considering all the problems we had all day. A lot of bugs had to be worked out and there's still some stuff that needs to be looked over.

During the first pass the throttle body came apart as soon as he launched it. We had the throttle body out in less than 2min. but took a while to find someone with a welder to get it fixed. Then we put it back in and set the idle/tps/throttle stop etc.

Second pass the car shut off during 2nd to 3rd shift. We took it back to the pits and discovered that the ignition would just turn off. We hard wired it so it would stay on no matter what.

Third pass it actually went 13's at 107 I believe but then we discovered that the way we set up the boost wasn't good.
We had it for 10psi in 1st gear, 15psi in 2nd and 30+psi for 3rd and 4th. We had it setup that way to spare the drive train but it wasn't good because the thing wasn't even spooled by the time the 1/4 was over so basically all the runs were done on motor LOL.

Next time out we'll set it for 15psi in 1st, 25psi in 2nd and 35psi in 3rd and 4th and go from there or we even talked about a small shot to wake up the turbo.

The car makes power, it put down 600+awhp but we weren't able to use it this time. :coy:

Stay tuned.

Such is the life of a drag racer, eh? No matter what times you guys put out there that day, I'm sure the beast will see its hay-day. :thumb:

Stay tuned.

I'm sorry we couldn't help with a welder. We usually have one but our enclosed trailer wasin the shop because 2 weeks ago we broke an axle while driving back from the Imstar event.

Man throttle bodies must have been the special of the day. We broke the throttle body on our 1st and only pass of the day. Unfortunatly ours was not fixable.

Well we see waht happens at the Fall Nationals in 2 weeks. Planning on running the laser and the talon. Fingers crossed.

Sandra
:laser: :talon: :dsm:

Sandra, did you guys end up making a full pass? I wanted to see your cars, but couldn't make it :(

full pass by making it down the track or running the whole way?

the tb shaft broke in 3rd gear and the car shut off and coasted down the track

Sandra, did you guys end up making a full pass? I wanted to see your cars, but couldn't make it :(

Will you be able tomake it to the fall nationals on the 11th & 12th of October? There will also be car there from Puerto Rico. It's going to be a big event.

ps. How was the birthday party?

Sandra
:laser: :talon: :dsm:

I can answer any question you have since i wrench on that car with him regularly and he rarely checks the forums.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back