The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Mitsu going out of business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

we would all like to see a new dsm on the show room floor of mitsubishi. i just really dont think its going to happen. I mean mitusbishi has no plans right now for re using the 4g63 platform in any other car than their evolution.

It takes several years for ideas to be put into stone and to begin to be produced and it looks like Mitsu does not have that kind of time on their hands. I do agree Mitsubishi should produce the cheap and affordable sports car like the srt4.

I remember just hearing the other day that the Mitsubishi eclipse, 1g, 2g or 3g is the most widespread sports car sold in America, and i believe its true. I see non turbo 1g's and 2g's all day long. I see 3rd gens everywhere, including in my drive way. Their eclipse i would say is their only car keeping them somewhat alive for right now. As far as the montero sport, the galant and the diamante, they need to do something with these cars, and fast. They just seem to be sitting on the showroom floor. I cant think of the last time i saw a brand new diamante on the road, can u ?

I will join you all with the petition if there is one, but i believe it is futile. :cry:

Tyler

It's good that some people want to take action, but sad that most have no understanding of business. You people think you know what makes car companies successful ? From what I can read, most got no clue of how large automobile organizations work, what are the market demands, etc. So why suggest a car line up? If you knew anything about business administration you'd be working for a company like mitsubishi, not posting on a car discussion message board. :rolleyes:

If Mitsubishi is in trouble is because they need to rescructure their way of working to a more profitable and efficient pattern. The car line up that everyone is so much worried about is only ONE of the MANY FACTORS that makes a car company successful.

One thing is for sure though, car manufacturers that have reliable cars in their line up will sell better than non-reliable ones. No one wants to buy a car that will give you problems (i.e. Crankwalk) unless you are a mechanic and want to build it. The general public does not care for mechanics, nor modding. They just want to drive from home to work and work to home, go shopping, eat, etc. All that while not spending a dime on their cars.

That's why Toyota is one of the most profitable car manufacturers. Their product is reliable. That's why people buy new cars, not only for style, but also because they don't want to fix an old car. They want reliability. I bet most of the people in this forum in 10 years from now will get a stable partner, have kids and buy a corolla. :D

The young people is only a segment of the market (around 18-28 y/o). This is the segment that likes sport cars the most. This is also the segment that is broke the most. So, affordable sporty cars are indeed a part of the market, but a very specific one. That's what Dodge is targeting with the SRT-4, that market.

Thank you for posting ricardo. I do agree with you. Reliability is number one. Just like some one said earlier on this post, most of the cars you see on the road are just cars used for daily commuting. To and from work.

Tyler

It's that damn 0/0/0 promotion that did them in(among other things). They were set to make a profit, but then when it came time to start making payments after a year had gone by, a lot of buyers defaulted on their loans, causing a $800M loss. Combine that with the scandal they had a few years back where it was discovered that they covered up mechanical defects to avoid costly recalls, and you have a one-two punch that'll knock the wind out of anybody's sails.

Who says sporty/fast cars can't be profitable. Look at subaru, they brought out the WRX and their sales increased by 3 fold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back