The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Miami DSM Meet Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy0530

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 7, 2008
Miami, Florida
The last meet went so well. Tons of DSMs, but no pictures.

Update Mar 29th
We are having a meet, again a month from now. We want it to be even BIGGER then what it was today. April 26, 2009. 1PM time, but try to be there at 12pm. Same spot. The first meet we had, was big. This second meet was even bigger. Now let the next meet coming up be 4 times bigger then it was today. I want to see some more 1st gens! Only 1 came out today. And defiantly more 2g's. Beat up, pretty, ugly, we don't care. We don't judge, we're just here to appreciate DSM's.

Update Feb 20th
Our last meet went pretty well, so we want to do it again on March 29th which lands on a Sunday.

Instead of a 2 week notice, we're going to give a month notice. This way we can give people a chance to prepare for that Sunday. Meet will be at the same place, but this time it will be around 1pm instead of 11am.

This time we actually want to have a BBQ going, so if some of you want to donate some stuff like chips, drinks, BBQ items, ect feel free.

Address to tropical park is 7900 SW 40th St, Miami, FL‎. We'll be parking by the MCDonalds side on BirdRoad.

02/07/2009 said:
On Sunday the 15th of February, we will be having DSM BBQ shoot off at Tropical Park around 11:00am. We're trying to get as many DSM's as we can so if your near the area and want to swing by, please feel free.

We're also having the usual meets on Mondays/Thursdays If the Sunday shoot-out goes well, we could do something like it once a month or something. All depends how big the turnout is. It'll be during the day too so we should be able to get some awesome pictures/video's. We want the meets to be consistent so we all have a place to hang out and learn/have fun from one another. Only groups I see doing that are Honda's and as much as I hate Honda's, they are organized as hell and show up to places together/all cruise together. If we could grow into that we'd defiantly be breaking neck.

Monday Meets:Bird Road @ Checkers
Thursday Meets:Kendall (88th St) on 167th Ave

The parking lot has no BBQs so if anyone wants to bring a little portable one and a small cooler the cooking can be football game tailgate style I guess. There is also McDonlads directly across the street.

The nice thing about this spot is its totally visible to the traffic on Bird Road SW (40 St).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/RaisingCane/98 Mitsu Eclipse GST/DSMmeetTropicalPark.jpg

One request people: Once there please do not go absolutely nuts with revving engines, BOV salutes, smoking tires, or stuff other park patrons might complain about. The last thing we need is the park officers or cops to toss us all out. Just chill out and we can do this regularly w/o harrassment.

I'll be there.

I most likely will be there :cool:.

At last Thursdays meet we all decided to do it on the second Sunday from that day. I texted everyone I knew about it and put the wrong date LOL. I was supposed to put the 15th and I put the 22nd instead. So it was an error. :p

Meet is gonna be this coming Sunday on the 15th around 11am.

meet tomorow at 9 at la caretta will be there hoping for a good turnout again

We should try to find a place in the vicinity that is a little more lit up. Its super dark there.... I'll scout locations later and post 2 or 3 options and see what you all think.

Another thing, perhaps doing it every other week might be a good idea too. The reason is if its every single week it might get a little repetitive and people will start to drop off over time. Opinions, ideas?

I hope it's a good turnout for the 15th. Haven't been to a good meet in a while. Think one of my Galant friends will drop by too. He wants to check out some 2G's.

My gst is almost out on the streets, can't wait to start attending the meets, you guys can count me in. Waiting to turn 20 next month so my insurance can drop to take out the car.

ill start bringing my camara !!! LOL we'll finally have some good pictures!!!!! youal pm me i'll give u my number to holla at me for the meets

Should be a really good DSM BBQ off this Sunday. We're trying to get as many DSM's as possible for this Sunday. So if you know someone or have a friend with a DSM, bring em over this Sunday. Lots of camera's/video's so we can post after.

I Need A Tranny By The Weekend !!!!!! Come On Guys!!! Some Help?? U Do Want Me To Go Deep To The Meet Right!?

Here are some pics from the meet. :)

I want to see some close up photos of the cars since I didn't take any! So, whoever took pics... post them!

Also, does anyone know the guys who showed up later on? There are a bunch on dsmpurity.com who think the black Talon is hot. Oh, and please feel free to visit dsmpurity.com. Everyone on there is chill :).

Seevee, the guy with the Monarch Green Pearl GST (LunarFX/Ernie) wants to compare the original brochures with you ;).

Here's the link to where I posted the meet photos on dsmpurity.com:
DSM Meet @ Tropical Park in Miami, FL - DSMpurity.com Forums

Looks like the meet was fun. Wish i could have gone. Next time. :thumb:

I want to see some close up photos of the cars since I didn't take any! So, whoever took pics... post them!

Also, does anyone know the guys who showed up later on? There are a bunch on dsmpurity.com who think the black Talon is hot. Oh, and please feel free to visit dsmpurity.com. Everyone on there is chill :).

Seevee, the guy with the Monarch Green Pearl GST (LunarFX/Ernie) wants to compare the original brochures with you ;).

Here's the link to where I posted the meet photos on dsmpurity.com:
DSM Meet @ Tropical Park in Miami, FL - DSMpurity.com Forums

Hi Kat,

Checked out the thread at DSMPurity. Cool.

I think LunarFX/Ernie is mistaking my GST for a GSX because my rims look similar to a GSX. Mine are actually aftermarket EXEL brand 18" rims, not GSX 17" rims but they do look similar.

I have about 6-7 of the original dealership marketing brochures in pristine condition (I swiped a bunch when I bought the car and they are stored in a nice file folder at work). Sometime I'll get around to scanning and posting one.

We should do this again for late in March or so with alot more advanced notice and pub.

ohhhh man im loving the white eclipse with the cf hood. the front bumper and the taillight design is amazing! definitely need to get a good shot of that sometime.

[the same car (cf hood white eclipse) is the one with the designed taillights in the last posted pic.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back