The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G MBC install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitmachine101

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 16, 2009
Rochester NY, New_York
Hey guys, i realize this has been up on threads thousands of times but id like your opinion as to where to install this

ive heard to T the BOV vacume hose and tap into that with another vacume hose coming directly of the wastegate, while capping the other nipple on the turbo and the two nipples on the stock boost cylnoid as well as the now open nipple on the intake

I was also told by a friend of mine whose really into these that i could cap the existing boost control cylnoid off and just hook up the lines that ran to that on my manual boost controler -- will that work? seems like a lot less plugging of nipples and what not

its a NXS boost controler if that helps any but a boost control is a boost controler so w.e

Thanks guys in advance and again i appligize for the common thread:thumb:

Hey guys, i realize this has been up on threads thousands of times but id like your opinion as to where to install this

ive heard to T the BOV vacume hose and tap into that with another vacume hose coming directly of the wastegate, while capping the other nipple on the turbo and the two nipples on the stock boost cylnoid as well as the now open nipple on the intake

I was also told by a friend of mine whose really into these that i could cap the existing boost control cylnoid off and just hook up the lines that ran to that on my manual boost controler -- will that work? seems like a lot less plugging of nipples and what not

its a NXS boost controler if that helps any but a boost control is a boost controler so w.e

Generally, people will say do not tee into the bov line, howeer I've ran it both ways and I didn't notice a difference. You'll want to unplug the stock boost control solenoid and run one line from you MBC to the wastegate actuator or wastegate, and the other to a boost source, such as a j-pipe or intercooler pipe.

Tapping into the BOV can change the activation time for the BOV causing surge IIRC.

Wastegate actuator nipple -> MBC -> Intercooler pipe/compressor housing nipple.

Do NOT tee the BOV line. Leave it alone.

ok so stay away from the BOV, its a 2g so should i, or should i not unplug the stock boost control solenoid? Ive heard this can throw a check engine light,, I was planning on just capping the stock boost control solenoid with nipples.

Ill just hook the other vac line going to the MBC on the nipple from the turbo, dont have a J-pipe nor an IC pipe with a nipple

Hope that will work.

Attachments

• MBC instal 1.jpg
    MBC instal 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 764
  • MBC instal 2.jpg
    MBC instal 2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 683
  • MBC instal 3.jpg
    MBC instal 3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
The second diagram in that picture is incorrect. An MBC is basically an intentional boost leak. You do not want a boost leak on your BOV line.

If your turbo has a nipple on the compressor housing, use that. You can cap off the stock BCS nipples or you can leave them open; your choice. Don't unplug the electrical connector. You'll get a CEL. 1g's can unplug it all they want.

you will always have a boost leak from the MBC .
Because itll always leak the air from all pipes whatever you goona plug it , it will always leak small amount of your boost .
when you do a boost leak test you always unplug the MBC beaceuse it leak the air

dont worry the 3rd pic will work perfect for you if you have the stock t-25

perfect thanks guys,, LOL like the illustrations

you will always have a boost leak from the MBC .
Because itll always leak the air from all pipes whatever you goona plug it , it will always leak small amount of your boost .

That's fine and acceptable. What's not acceptable is leaking air from a device that needs an accurate reading of boost/vac to operate. Such as the BOV. That's why you don't tap the BOV line for your MBC. Or your boost gauge. Or anything else.

i took my BCS off and never got a CEL...

but the 1st picture is how i have my EBC setup. (well per greddys instructions)

I set mine up like the third picture since I'm still on the stock T-25.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
This is a link to a video showing you what to do. Sorry for reviving an ancient threat. Figured it should be in here for the new dsm'ers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back