The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Manual To Automatic, Swapsies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laiden

Probationary Member
Mar 2, 2019
Berea, Kentucky
In my previous post I talked about wanting to swap a GSX into a Sebring. Really the biggest part(s) that will be holding me up in the future will be the transmission swap. The GSX donor is a manual but my wife wants an automatic.

I've read about all that is needed, new rear diff, the tranny computer, front diff and of course transmission. Not including the extra wiring. It doesn't seem too bad to do, but getting the parts will likely be harder.

So really, if anyone has an automatic GSX that they want to swap to manual, I'm more than happy to do a swap for all parts needed. The only caveat being that I've never seen my GSX run. Given that the previous owner was swapping heads, I'm guessing that the transmission was fine. But I'm more than willing to work through whatever to ensure everything is fine though.

Just let me know.

Thanks

Edit: And I've been here for 15 minutes and I have already screwed up... sorry for posting this in the wrong section.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back