The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

General MAF question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samusisback

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2016
Joliette, QC_Canada
I was reading here on the forum like usual on thing that will help me in the futur with my gst. I was reading about emclink and tuning when i saw where it talked about MAF ans were thinking where is mine and do i have one. I didnt built the car and i bought it already fully mod with some repair for the price of what would have cost me to barely finush the shell i wanted to build. So as you can see on the picture i dont have air filter yet, i need one i know but also there is nothing there, wasnt the oem MAF conected between the turbo and air filter, if yes then i have something else but dont know what it is. I'm guessing it's there to the left of the engine connected between the blow off and the intake
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is a GM maf, looks to be a 3 inch unit. It is hard to tell but it looks like it has the proper GM maf adapter harness w/ buffer circuit from ecmlink that plugs into the factory maf connector.

Does the car have ecmlink? You're profile for this car doesn't say.

My profile is not complete yet as i am trying to figure out every part that were put under the hood and updating from time to time but yes i do have an 95 ecm with ecmlink and everything on the passenger side to plug the laptop that the guy gave me. So that'a what an gm maf look like, i guess the one that built that car did know what he was doing. Thank you
Edit: update for the car profile done, look like i didnt do it properly the firat tims and it didnt register any entry but it's fix

Last edited:
Get a filter on that turbo before you complain about these cars suck & yourturboblew.

Like i said i know, i just need when i wont work to check how big is the inlet and buy one, i wont drive without it and i hope the last owner didnt do any damage driving it like that. Does'nt look like there is damage and no shaft play so we'll see

I just fired my car up with the same gm maf setup, 1g tho, and was impressed how well it ran after reading and hearing horror stories. Should work well if done correctly. An intake for that should be easy to find in the classifieds here, I see all kinds for sale every other day.

Good luck and keep going on it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back