The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

LSD brands and futionality

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyviper

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2003
Mays Landing, New_Jersey
I know been a while so I have dove into LSD units on DSMs but my last experience was not very good. I have a FWD 2G with a KAAZ unit that got damage when removing the axle with the circlip. This seemed to be a very common problem with new brands selling diff's back in the early 2000's, I am hoping not to go through these same issues all over again so some input would be nice. I have a completely overbuilt (PPG, cusco front diff, boostin output and mid-case) transmission getting assembled this weekend should have some feedback on the Cusco RS front diff in a few weeks when it gets back in the car. I am interested in a good daily for the front and a durable rear DIff.

Please share your experience with axle removal and and drive ability and possibly maintenance intervals.

Quaife front
KAAZ front or rear
EVO 3 rear diff
Cusco front or rear

I have the Quaife front diff. Quaife torque baising diffs are maintenance free. Set it & forget it. Been through 2 clutch jobs (second time to replace the first that got trashed not being capable to handle the torque) with no problems pulling the axles. They popped in & out just like normal OEM parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back