The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Low Oil pressure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboDSMer

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
Burlington, Massachusetts
I just finished a motor build on my Talon. it is basically a rebuild with 2g pistons on 1g rods. My oil pressure according to my Autometer guage sits at the line below the 25psi line. is this bad or is it fine?

Yea thats fine if the motor oil is hot. Mine is at around 18 psi at 800 rpm.

My pressure sending unit is near my driver side strut mount.

Thanks for the feed back. I was gettign worried for a while thinking my new motor might have been messed up.

This is off topic, but Turbodsmer you PM'ed me about some a 2G MAS adaptor plate, but I cannot reply to your PM because it says your PM box is full. You have to delete some, so everyone that has been trying to PM you can't!

Right now i only revt he car to 4k to break in the new motor. when i'm cruising it is around 50psi some where in that range and i haven't really been able to see WOT yet but when i have it goes near 75psi.

I know 25psi is good at idle but i am only getting maybe 15 psi at idle. but if everything thing else is okay then thats good.

All right, good thank you. now i can be at ease about this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back