The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Looking for members thoughts

What to do?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
I am thinking about getting rid of the moldings that go down the side of my car and filling in the spots they were by welding in some metal. How does everybody think it will look?

Here is a picture of a random car for reference.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think it looks very nice and clean, but is a ton of work to make look right and last. I always thought this would look good with the two tone sideskirts on a 1ga Talon.

You also have to think about what you want to do where the door opens by the front fender, modification there will result in contact if not done correctly.

I have this done on my car if you want to check it out. If I had my choice again, I would have just left it alone for the amount of work it was. $.02

I definitely like how your car looks. I am leaning towards doing it. I figure I have so much time into it already to clean it up that a little more won't hurt. I should be able to get some help from a guy I know that owns a body shop for making sure the door will close.

Thanks for your input.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back