The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Longevity 200ex tig/stick welder showed up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamble97

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2006
small town, Illinois
Already got it unboxed and am welding with it OMG

Here it is
TigWeld-200EX

Stay tuned

So I opened the longevity 200ex box.
Lots of padding, typical ground clamp and stinger. Torch is a 26 style torch with consumables. No tungsten, no stick rods. Came with a nice looking flowmeter/regulator, and the hose it came with was a little too small. Good thing I had a larger size. The back of the machine, the argon inlet isn't a standard fitting. It's a push lock. Kind of nice to have, but if you have big fingers you may have a bit of a hard time getting the hose out. It's nice, but not ideal for me since I use the same tank for multiple machines and have to change out the hose or regulator.

Argon hose:
It didn't fit the regulator, so I had to get a bigger one :)

Foot pedal:
I wish they would get away from having the current adjustment knob on the pedal. What I don't like is there is no grip tape on the top. While pushing it down it did tend to bind up a hair. Literally a hair. Maybe it just needs to break in a little. The adjustment knob spins in LESS than 1 full rotation. That means as low as 5 amps to 200amps in that small of a rotation. Also there is no way to tell how many amps you are at. No sticker or pre sets or anything. Only way to set it is to guess, grab scrap metal and hit the pedal and watch the display. It's really not ideal.

Pulse:
You can set the low current, but not the high current because it's pedal adjusted. I think for learning and such it's still great to have, but for production you might want something where you know exactly what your amperage is.

Power on:
Fan is on full time. Display is nicely laid out and easy to get around.

Welding:
Welds great. No issues at all. Smooth and stable arc. Does NOT have the same arc 'step/pulse' issue that my Thermal arc has.

Torch: Has on/off button, no wheel. Comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver.

Bottom line: I like it how it performs. I dislike the pedal with the adjustment. If this thing had a normal pedal without adjustment knob and SCC pedal, well I would own it in a heartbeat! I'd still love to own it honestly, but it's a demo and needs to go back.

Videos to follow shortly.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back