The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Logging with an Emulator or TunerPro RT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xit40

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
Weedsport, New_York
I'm trying to get my logging software set up and can't for the life of me get anything to work. I just want to be able to pull codes off my 1G and do some basic logging to make sure everything is in order.

I have tried and failed at using a palm emulator with MMcd and using TunerPro RT. I have a cable from dsmcables.com, a gigawire DB9 to USB adapter with the correct drivers installed on my computer, a Windows 7 Toshiba computer, and a null modem adapter that I may or may not need.

As far as I can tell I have all the correct equipment and it pains me to ask for help as I am usually rather tech savvy, but after spending a couple hours looking at tech articles and trying different things out I have come to the realization that I need help from someone more experienced than me.

If anyone can offer any assistance on how to set up MMcd on an emulator with Windows 7 I would more than appreciate it and what hardware I actually need to be using that would be great (null modem or not). When I used TunerPro RT I could get it to identify the cable while using the null modem, but when I went to log nothing ever happened, which seems odd to me. I'm just at a complete loss and becoming increasingly angry with something that should be relatively easy.

Honestly I couldn't say but it works fine with my 2g and dsmlink so I figured it should work fine with an older vehicle. I could be wrong tho.

Edit: after further research it seems that 1g's have some kinda strange data rate requirements (could my 90 Laser RS be any weirder?) and my adapter probably doesn't meet it's requirements, but I don't know because it's not listed in the dsmlink wiki. I suppose there is no way around the goofy requirements huh?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back