The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

lip of 2ga rear bumper on 2gb rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRS95TSI

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2004
louisville, Kentucky
i was wondering if it is possible to properly fit the bottom unpainted lip of the 95-96 rear bumper onto the 97-99 rear bumper. i know the bumpers visually look different, but at the bottom of both they look almost similar, i know there would be some bondo or fabrication involved, just wondered if the two will meet and fit properly.

I think you could do it but there would be a lot of cutting and molding involved.

do u mean flexy as in the 2gb bottom mating with the 2ga lip? i doubt i will attempt it because i don't have body work experience, but what would be some ways of getting the lip to attach to the bumper?

The "lip" you speak of is the bumper itself, just seperated by a body line. What exactly were you envisioning here? I'm trying to get an idea in my head.

HA, thank god someone said it. I myself wasnt sure if there was an actual lip to be installed. And I couldnt possibly imagine how good/bad that would look, considering it doesnt really go with the rear of a 2gb.

I think your best bet to achieve that look, is to maybe fill the little dimples with bondo, and paint over it for a flatter look.

where that body line is on the 2ga, is where a cut would be made....that piece fro the 2ga would then be molded to the 2gb bumper.

this is my car now:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i think if it would ever be possible to have that extra lip added on the rear, it would look really well, if the two pieces mated up perfectly.

It would look good on the sides to lower the bumpre, but on the back it wouldn't look good. Don't 2GB rear bumpers have those wierd divets things in the middle. You would have to fill those in and then mold it. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

LRS95TSI said:
i was wondering if it is possible to properly fit the bottom unpainted lip of the 95-96 rear bumper onto the 97-99 rear bumper.
Is this what you meant? It's just paint.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yea to take that unpainted lip and attach it to the bottom of the 2gb bumper. yes the bumper has two inlets on the bottom but they come back to the original lines of the bumper, so it wouldn't make a difference

LRS95TSI said:
yea to take that unpainted lip and attach it to the bottom of the 2gb bumper. yes the bumper has two inlets on the bottom but they come back to the original lines of the bumper, so it wouldn't make a difference
for the bazillionth time there is no unpainted lip

for the gazzilionth time i know its an unpainted part of the bumper...like i stated above, that area can simply be cut off and attached to the bumper of the other 2gb.

:confused: what the h3ll are yall talking about? :confused:

Am I the only one that doesnt see a "lip" on the rear?

The grey area is just paint. It's only painted. It's not a separate part, it is only painted grey. It's one piece with a grey painted edge.

Jesus. :rolleyes:

LRS95TSI said:
where that body line is on the 2ga, is where a cut would be made....that piece fro the 2ga would then be molded to the 2gb bumper.
i know its not seperate! there is a line that is between the grey and the regular color of the car...you all get so pissed for no reason, it's a simple misunderstanding

:nono: JESUS

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back