1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Sold Liberty Faceplated trans.

Posted by bastarddsm, Apr 1, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Selling my liberty faceplated transmisison. Stock ratios, 91-92 gear set. Low time on it, trans is currently open for inspection, and will be assembled and ready to go when sold. Currently in a 91-94 case, has a welded diff and 23spline output. But I can put in a 22spline output if needed. 4 spider center diff also available. I can install this gearset in a supplied 2g case if needed.

This thing will shift faster than you can move the shifter, even with a garbage non releasing clutch. Helped me run my first 9 second pass.
    Yes, that's a 9.80 @144 with a very mild 1.55 60'.

$1500 with welded diff, or $2700 with a 4 spider + shipping and paypal fees. I will meetup/deliver within 100mi of 61342 or 62615 $200 discount for good core trans.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  2. bastarddsm

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    To answer a few questions:
    1. This has about 10-15 passes on it and like 500 street miles. I put it in just before the shootout in 2017, ran 4 qualifer passes and 1 elimination pass, went to Hot Rod Drag Week, made like 4 passes and had an engine failure, fixed engine, trailered to last day, made 2 more passes. Day after went to IFO-STL made one qualifer pass at 9.80, and got the boot. I took it out after that. That's all the use it's had. Right now it's apart for inspection, and I sent a few gears to liberty to be crack checked. The trans will be in perfect condition and ready to run when sold.

2. This started off life as a basically new gear set. The gearset came out of a JDM 8g GVR4 that was totaled at 10kkm.

3. Typically it costs close to $1000 to get 1-4 face plated, core transmission $400, plus a days labor to clean it all up, check the shif engagement, and assemble at $300, and then figure in half a day to get it crated up and my $1500 asking price is a deal. When shipping I build a wooden crate inside a 2 layer shipping box. It is guaranteed to get there without damage. It's time consuming, and close to $50 in materials.

4. Typically when you send something to liberty, it will be there for months. This will be ready to go very soon.

So no I'm not going to take much less than my asking price.

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  3. bastarddsm

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Trans is no longer available.

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM