The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Lets Make a Show Car Interior!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiReBReTHa

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 30, 2003
Aurora, Illinois
Alrighty Class, Thinking Caps on (motions hat movement)
I have the Ext going in the direction i want now I need to plan out the interior. I want to do a full repaint interior smoothen panels, Black Carpet, Custom Silver Floormats with Logos Embroidered in as well as a CF footplate.

Im going to Vynl Dye as well as use Body shop paint.
They both would have to be mixed up at the same time to match. So far now I think im going to take that forty bucks in gift cards from homedepot and start working on my doors, just molding and making doorpods and new tweeter mounts and leaving them unfinished until im ready to go ahead with this project

Now i need to find a set of aftermarket seats i want that are black so i can two tone it black/silver but fit nicely and are made of dye and have quick adjust recline.

The Theme of my car will be silver/pewter and CarbonFiber/CarbonWerks im not sure whether to do some highshine black accents as well. thoughts?

I was curious if anyone had some ideas like. "Oh that would be so cool if you..."

like heres one:
"Oh that would be so cool if you..." Took the custom billet aluminum windshield defrosters from a 3000gt and installed them.

Lets see what'cha got!

if it was me -- i would rip the gauge cluster out and incoperate a IN-car PC with a touch screen in place of the gauges. ( using dsmlink or logging softwere to display the gauges)
i would also yank the rear view mirror and put in at least a 7"wide screen and have that displaying a rear mounted camera.

I shoulda posted more pre dave's post :) but it got me thinking as well.

I also have in mind a 7inch lilliput touchscreen that will go in the spot where the HVAC is right now. i will drop the HVAC all the way to the bottom and put the screen above it so that i can retain my vents and then have the LCD above the shifter.
It will run: GPS, MP3, DivX, DVD-rom, Bluetooth. In the right side view mirror i can place a camera looking foward so i can peek around cars that shouldnt be in the left lane so i can pass them.
the software to run it can support up to four cameras total with each one in thumbnai lform on screen at the same time, when you click on one thumbnail it blows up to full screen.

now Dave, what you said got me thinking at home i have a Radeon 9200 vid card with serial monitor out as well as RCA vid out. If i run both at the same time i can have a "Windows Extended Desktop". Makes the mind ponder. :)

The Cd Player is currently set up behind the shifter, which i will retain and upgrade to a better version for better Aux in controls as well as Sirius Plug and play.

where would you put the other monitor though, and still have it look good as extended.

or are you planing on having it work like two seperate devices, just as one pc

ps. whats this software your using for the video, and what are you looking at for cameras

dave99gst said:
if it was me -- i would rip the gauge cluster out and incoperate a IN-car PC with a touch screen in place of the gauges. ( using dsmlink or logging softwere to display the gauges)

Currently look into to that, but I'm already buying whats needed for .............

i would also yank the rear view mirror and put in at least a 7"wide screen and have that displaying a rear mounted camera.[/QUOTE]

Great mind think alike.

I think it would be cool to have back seats flipped around and put next to the front seats, with a little entertainment center in the back of the car. (consoles, stereo, the normal car electronics stuff)

Something like this is what I'm going for...............

Attachments

• TV ROOF.JPG
    TV ROOF.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,097
Thankschuck for teh pic,

Heres a REALLY ROUGH of my concept.

i want a pewter silver paint for accent to wahtever isnt CF but i was having prob PSing it.

Thoughts, ETc.

Attachments

• DashConcept.gif
    DashConcept.gif
    126.2 KB · Views: 963
is that just cf film? or real cf? cuz it looks like film in the pic

instead of keeping the factory eclipse hvac replace it with the digital 3kgt hvac

Flat Tire said:
instead of keeping the factory eclipse hvac replace it with the digital 3kgt hvac

hmm... Its ALLLLLLOOOOTA work to change the normal 3k analog, to the 3kgt Digital.

Attachments

• fulldashconcept3kGTHVAC.gif
    fulldashconcept3kGTHVAC.gif
    126.1 KB · Views: 770
FiReBReTHa said:
orig, Thanks to whoever i jacked this pic from.

np prob :)

that was the day i baught my car. its in the process of all black now

no way................

Hahaha!! Thats Two Pics that youve helped me out with! The indash was so i could get an idea of size so i could photoshop it correctly, i need to spend more time photoshopping because i rushed it.

dave99gst said:
i would also yank the rear view mirror and put in at least a 7"wide screen and have that displaying a rear mounted camera.
Pioneer's newest DVD/Screen does that. Monitors speed, revs and even volts. Has an internal gyro so it displays acceleration, and 1/4 mile times. Pretty sweet
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-E2Dncb...0&I=130AVICN1&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=#Tab

swarm said:
Why the external deck? the screen/carpc can play everything you need. just get a radio tuner card.

Why bother with a radio tuner card? just get Serius sat radio and use the audio in line on the PC.

A short throw shifter is a must..... The big ol' rod of a shifter would just get in the way of all of the high techness....

swarm said:
Why the external deck? the screen/carpc can play everything you need. just get a radio tuner card.

darkness_fallz said:
Why bother with a radio tuner card? just get Serius sat radio and use the audio in line on the PC.

A short throw shifter is a must..... The big ol' rod of a shifter would just get in the way of all of the high techness....

I have a better question, why bother digging up a thread several months old?

swarm said:

Yes.

But then how does that sound get transferred to the amps? :)

need a cd player because it will bump up the signal strength to the amps for better signal.

FiReBReTHa said:
Yes.

But then how does that sound get transferred to the amps? :)

need a cd player because it will bump up the signal strength to the amps for better signal.

If you run a THX or Digital Surround capable soundcard in the car PC, there are RCA outs for a THX\5.1 surround system- you can just as easily run from that to an AMP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back