The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

leaning out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Ok my mod list is in my profile.

The car was fine for awhile.Then all of a sudden the car is running like crap.I checked for boost leaks non.I know im getting enough fuel.

the car feels like ass...the power starts to fall off at 5500 then at 6000 its gone it will slowly go to 7000 but at 7k its done theres nothing left...and it will start popping and backfiring.

No matter how much i riching it up it still does it..lean it out the same....It starts pulling timing like a monster at 5400 no matter how rich or how lean.By 6k im 0 on timing.

Thinks im thinking it could be.

power transistor
cas
timing jumped a tooth

You are probably knocking real bad. don't see what fuel pump you are using, or what type of gas, or what fmic. -4 feed lines are pretty damn small. But my first guess is knocking. Change your fuel filter.

well im running -6 sorry thats a typo.

Im running a good front mount...and i also found my problem.

well..i took it full some highway pulls on 15psi it would just lean out so bad at 5500 and it would start to fall off at 4500 5500 the o2s where 0

pulled the pump the "sock" on the fuel pump pick up looks like it was draged though the woods mud and everything else.it was crap brown..put a new one on and its alll good

i noticed the fuel pump got loud like 3 weeks ago but you know walbros so i never thought anything of it.Until it was leaning out on 15 psi when i had the car setup so rich it was making my wallet cry

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back