The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Leaning Out at 3K RPMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pj23322

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2006
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hey guys, I've got a 1998 GST (auto if that makes any difference) and within the last couple of weeks, at around 3,000 RPMs, I'm showing a very lean condition on my autometer A/F gauge when I normally would see the richest value. By very lean, I mean the first or second red LED is lit up when I'm at 3K. This happens if I have my foot down on the gas pedal or even when I'm cruising on the hwy between 75-80MPH. As soon as I bring the engine speed below 3K, the A/F gauge begins to cycle again. When I get on the gas, the A/F meter does light up the last green LED for about a second and they it slowly lights it way back to one of the first red LEDs. My autometer boost gauge shows I never go over 12-13 psi of boost when I'm at WOT. I originally had an intake, hard intercooler pipes, BOV, and a boost controller that I had been running for almost a year, but I took them off and put all the factory intake and intercooler pipes, even replaced the front o2 sensor, and I'm still getting the same problem. I am still using the stock turbo, but I do have a high flow exhaust manifold, ported o2 housing, RRE downpipe, RRE hig-flow cat, and Greddy catback. I have a FPR which I have set at 48 psi. I haven't been getting any CELs. Any ideas? Sorry to write a book...:boring:

No offense, but that A/F guage is nothing more than a light show.

If you really want to know what the car is doing, get a logger so you can record what it is doing and post it up so we can do more than just GUESS.

I wouldn't put too much faith into your A/F guage

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back