The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder Leaking Spyder / Convertible Top? Flex Seal! (Video Inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I tried spraying the top with Plastidip (which did a great job of restoring the black color, BTW), then coating it with Never Wet. Still had a leaky top. The only thing left to try, reseal the inside with Flex Seal. Does it work? Yup.

Question is, for how long. We will have to wait and see.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I tried spraying the top with Plastidip (which did a great job of restoring the black color, BTW), then coating it with Never Wet. Still had a leaky top. The only thing left to try, reseal the inside with Flex Seal. Does it work? Yup.

Question is, for how long. We will have to wait and see.

Great video! I’m contemplating doing this to my 3rd gen Spyder I just picked up, did it last long?

If you want to reseal your convertible top, this is the product to use. I have been using it for years and great results every time. The way I do it is to pour the liquid into a plastic container and use a three-inch paint brush to apply... Apply from windshield to rear window and then from side to side. Give it a good coat... Start by raising the roof a bit so you can get into the back area...close the top and then go at it. You will be very happy with the results. 303 Fabric Guard is the only thing I use.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back