The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Laser wrench session

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
Well, I bought a parts car and I don't have much time to completely strip it and get everything off it before I have to junk it. Just so defiant doesn't close this, Im NOT selling anything.

Im getting back from reno monday, and will be working on the car til wednesday or so, so if anyone wants to come and help or rip anything off it, let me know and I'll help you out.

and no, mahesh already asked, the shift knob is already taken. LOL

anyways, basically this is just a post for mahesh and edwin, COME OVER AND HELP, LOL. Anyone else who wants to come help me wrench on this peice, feel free to come too.

I think Edwin just left for a date with Nat just now.

Jerry

sorry i already finished off with edwin, someone else is getting sloppy 3rds right now...

no thirds over here. im too tired out from all the "favors" jerry gave me earlier

you can have him the whole weekend, i don't get back until monday, LOL

EXCUSE ME

they are white and pink poles, GET IT RIGHT

Ay, probably won't be able to make it out, but we'll see. Also it's rainy. Also, get a damn biodiesel.

LOL, I'll get a bio diesel after you finish your "biodiesel cooker" or whatever the hell you were on about, and you can give me free vegie oil.

It would probably be easier to get a buisness loan and start a restaruante yourself LOL. Don't even tell me what kind of food you would serve

I'd go half and half with Edwin. It'd be Pan-Asian. Everything would be deep fried.

swear to GOD if Im snowed in here in reno, Im going to be SOOO pissed

wow, #### snow, now I know why I live in california,... I made it back safe, but DAMN, talk about some ### shit. the laser is coming along nicely, tomorrow I should have the interior (LOL WHAT INTERIOR?) and turbo/intake manifold off, then the motor comes out tuesday. Front core support comes out wednesday, and the junk yard gets called unless someone needs a rear clip or something. Its going to be fairly useless otherwise, LOL.

someone needs to come visit this thing and let me know if any of this random crap is worth keeping.

I've decided that one of the major determining factors for me from now on as to which modded car I should buy and which I shouldn't is this: IQ OF OWNER. That blue car was owned by a COMPLETE HICK from gilroy, and OMG was that ANNOYING to take appart. This car was owned by an average joe idiot, so everything is much easier, and much more logical. Although, his use of zip ties is a bit,... excessive,... to the note of 200+, no joke.

the car is for the most part taken appart, LOL. If anyone wants to come help the motor come out tomorrow, feel free. Im going to try and remove the head and tranny first this time, so its light as hell and I can lift it myself, although Im not actually going to lift it straight up and out of the car, because that would be kind of intense, LOL. I just figure it would be a lot easier to deal with a motor that I can physically lift by myself than one I can kinda move around a little. The first two I did we left the tranny and head on, and I feel it just would have been easier if I could have just stepped in there, picked that sucker up, and moved it over a couple inches or so.

ps, if anyone has one of those tie rod remover tools, PLEASE LET ME BORROW IT

thanks

Get a damn cherry picker and stop using cinderblocks.

You can rent tools for what you are doing, stop being so shady and drive over to the nearest auto parts store, rent the cherry picker and whatever else you need, and carry one. You are going to kill you back, give yourself a hernia, or break your foot doing it your way.

jerry

umm mahesh, I've had jackstands for like a year now, after the accident, when the wheel came off, I kinda HAD to get them. Before that I could crawl under my car without jacking it up at all, so I didn't need stands, because the car was always on the ground, LOL.

I REPEAT, I HAVE JACKSTANDS

as for the cherry picker, ehhh, screw that, this way works, LOL. I should make a video and show you just how easy my way is, theres no danger whatsoever, calm down.

brian can i have the 5 lug conversion? :D its for the gaylant

Someone ifnd me some Black Eclipse or Laser doors... Or any doors for that matter, I'll just repaint them..

iono what you need for the back wheels, but its a fwd car if that changes anything, I think it does. As for the hubs, I have a passenger side you can have for sure, but the drivers side on the talon has a bad wheel bearing, so I want to use the one from the laser until I replace the talons wheel bearing. The one on the laser is some off brand aftermarket hub from napa or some shit, so you can have that one too, but i dunno if you want to use it or what. If you want to come check it out, Im going to finish removing some small shit tomorrow and then tow it to a scrap yard and junk it, so basically before they all close is good.

as for the doors, again, the cars getting taken away tomorrow, so if you want the doors, come remove them and they are yours. the car is black.

pretty much all thats left on that car that you can take off is the hood, fenders, bumpers, doors, door mirrors, hatch, and probably some other stuff. anyone can come take that shit off the car tomorrow if they want, i don't have any use for it, so its all free. here are some pics I took today of it, LOL

edweano said:
what did you put in the trunk?
in his defense, i don't think he saw the third picture

Attachments

• PIC-0161.jpg
    PIC-0161.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PIC-0162.jpg
    PIC-0162.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 118
  • PIC-0163.jpg
    PIC-0163.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 103
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back