The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

knock/afr questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twuanev

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2012
Gonzales, Louisiana
I installed my lc1 yesterday, and i'm wondering if somebody can take a look at screenshots from my log and see if everything looks correct (I tried to post the log itself but the filesize is around 20 kb too big :ohdamn:). I have been seeing some low afrs and my o2 sensor seems like its jumpy. My timing has also been retarded sometimes to about 2.8 degrees and raw knock 4 goes high as well. Any advice or help would be appreciated because i'm a little lost.

You have to clip the log down to size. Double click in the screen where you want to start the file and drag until it highlights however much you want. Then under edit at the top of the screen choose "clip to selection." Save the file and upload it.

If you need to highlight more than will fit in the view screen, then hit the down arrow on the keyboard til it scrunches up the screen enough for you to highlight enough of the log.

Based on when the knock starts (2700 rpm and 49% throttle), I'd say it's mostly phantom knock. It may also have a bit of rich knock contributing to it, if your WB is correct and you are really hitting AFRs of 9.5:1 or lower.

You need to lean out your DA tables where they are so overly rich, spend some time getting your MAF calibrated, and work on fuel trims. Have you calibrated the TPS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks man is there anything I should change because of that or everything else looks good?

I did calibrate the tps but i haven't messed with the other things you mentioned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back