The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g, dsm link, Methanol injection.... tuning for afr, came across knock!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammin'Trey

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
Hey guys I got a methanol kit on my 99 gsx, I am running a 14b, 4in core FMIC with 2.5in hard piping, 7gph nozzle (SMC subaru meth kit) 50/50 mix, I have pte 1000cc injectors, walbro 255lph, fuellab 515 afpr. Meth starts at 10psi, pump goes full on at 15psi, Im running 18-19psi right now....
Here is a 3rd gear pull... Im tuning for 11.5:1 afr (innocate LC-1), I got to 11.1:1 and came across knock with base timing!?!?! with the meth on too... weird?!? Here is a dsmlink log...

Can't see the log...
Have you checked the KS itself, is it in working condition? Also, do you have any mechanical noises, such as a loose motor mount or a loose heat shield, anything loose that rattles, pings, etc...?

That knock is real. False knock isn't boost dependant. How much knock? a 14b starts to blow hot around that range, but the meth should help more than that. No matter what else i'm running i dont go over 10.8:1 with pump gas. The power you make from leaning out more than that is less than the power you get from higher boost.

That knock is real. False knock isn't boost dependant. How much knock? a 14b starts to blow hot around that range, but the meth should help more than that. No matter what else i'm running i dont go over 10.8:1 with pump gas. The power you make from leaning out more than that is less than the power you get from higher boost.

I've ran as much as 22psi on the 14b with pump gas(92) and had zero knock(no meth). False knock may not be boost dependant but loose components may be RPM sensitive.

OP, how many counts of knock are you getting and in what RPM range?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back