The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Kind of bad misfire and idle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milby43

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2008
Laurel Springs, New_Jersey
Hey, ive looked everywhere, and still couldnt find anything. Trust me im not one to just slerp information with out trying to find it myself.

So this is whats up.
Once it warms up and the idles drops to about normal, 750-800 rpm. if i even tap the throttle to rev it, itll bog a little.
Then when you let off the throttle, itll drop to 500rpm then go back up to 750-800rpm

Now I have a misfire, and I dont know which cylinder it is, or how to find out. The only way i know is to pull off the plugs when the car is running. But that can mess up the coil pack, and if it aint broke, i dont want to break it. Cause im kind of out of cash right now.

Any ideas? Theres a new air filter, the plugs look new but im gonna get new spark plugs (any suggestions?), i heard not platinum.

I have a throttle body shaft seal leak, but my vacuum is good.
The honey comb on the upper comb of the mass air is a little damaged.

It doesnt smoke, and im pretty sure it doesnt smoke on start up, heres a link to a walk around, and start up.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
EDIT:I didnt know you had to login to see that, but please try to view it.

mods and car are in profile.

ANY advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :hellyeah:, its not legal yet, so i cant drive it around. If the problem still persists when its legal, im gonna get some good fuel system cleaner and hope it works.

Thanks alot
Andrew

1. Check you MAF, make sure it is good.
2. Try unplugging the vacuum hose to the FPR when its running and see what happens

Test your coil pack, plugs and wires. Obviously, you "slerp information because there was the same problem earlier, search the site please.

Trust me i have, i try to learn on my own first. But dont believe, its what ever.

Im check the coil pack, plugs and wire today.

Check MAF? like see if all the plugs are in and such? Cause the only think i know is wrong with it is the little spot of bent honey comb

im running stock boost at the moment.

also regapped the the plugs. Still no luck.
Im getting new plugs and wires, then if that doesnt work a new coil pack

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back