The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just Bought a Megasquirt ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcavenger99

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2008
mount pearl, Newfoundland_Canada
just punched this on e bay was it worth it and will it work on my 420a turbo?

Ms Combo kit with hardware Mods (MS, Harness Kit, and DB37)

4 fuel injector connectors

Coolant Temperature Sensor

Intake Air Temperature Sensor

Manufacturer Part Number: MS2-0099

You need to ensure this Megasquirt ECU is properly configured for the 420A. Any ECU configured for a standard Hall/opto input will not be compatible.

Also, MS-II can read the stock Chrysler sensors directly, so there's no need for a new IAT or CLT.

this is a picture of what it is ?

Attachments

• !BTQFlpw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBKHbK((Yv!~~_0.jpg
    !BTQFlpw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBKHbK((Yv!~~_0.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 3,982
  • !BTQFmj!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBKHbKbtwsg~~_1.jpg
    !BTQFmj!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBKHbKbtwsg~~_1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,052
this is a picture of what it is ?

It looks like it's configured for the 420A, but RS-Autosport stopped making Megasquirt units a little while ago. The two ramifications of this being that support may be a little hard to come by, and the likelihood that this ECU contains outdated hardware. MS-II is really the only way to go these days and RS-Autosport stopped making Megasquirt ECU's long before this processor fully and stably supported the 420A platform.

ok yet i was told that Manufacturer Part Number: MS2-0099 the ms2 means that?

It could mean the ECU has a v2.2 board and MS-I processor. RS-Autosport did not sell Megasquirt ECU's with MS-II processors pre-installed. They only sold MS-II retrofit kits after the fact.

Plus, the firmware version written on the label is a version of MS1/Extra.

ok with the setup i have i do not have a 420A Alternator Voltage Regulator
is that important or can i run it without?

this is a better pic o yea cost was 250

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,211
ok but if i keep the old ecu in i should be fine .
this is ok to run my car though what softwere should i use (what version)

ok but if i keep the old ecu in i should be fine .
this is ok to run my car though what softwere should i use (what version)

Like I said, it's pretty safe to assume the ECU has only the MS-I processor (you can remove the enclosure and take pictures to ensure), so you'll want the latest firmware version of MS1/Extra.

ok i will open box and take picks when i get it

this is the ecu i have can someone tell me what link will tell me the way to put the connector togeather

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,896
this is the ecu i have can someone tell me what link will tell me the way to put the connector togeather

Yep, that's the v2.2 board and the MS-I processor. Most everything you'll need is here:

MS-Extra Manual Index

They don't update the code too much anymore since everyone moved on to MS2/Extra, but there occasional updates to optimize stability.

Here's a wiring diagram from RS-Autosport for their v3.0 ECU's before they stopped making them:

http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/docs/RSA_v3-wiring_420a.gif

You'll have to email them for a diagram specific to v2.2.

what i really need to know is what wire coming out of the ecu goes to what sensor. basically i have a bunch of wires labeled yet i don't know what pin on the ecu goes with what wire

what i really need to know is what wire coming out of the ecu goes to what sensor. basically i have a bunch of wires labeled yet i don't know what pin on the ecu goes with what wire

Yeah, all of that information is in the second link I posted. If you're talking about the wires from the stock PCM, on the other hand, you can get that information here:

Download Useful Files - SymTech Laboratories: Design, consulting, prototyping, and manufacturing - Megasquirt - FCD's - Manifold Spacers

ok so after i hook the megasquirt i then cut the corsponding wires from the stock ecu right ..

sorry to drive u all nuts but is this the pin out for this unit. and if so can someone tell me what is the pourpose of pins 25,27,29

Attachments

• RSA_v3-wiring_420a.jpg
    RSA_v3-wiring_420a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,144
one of my friends gave me a relay board with a harness is this a better choice rather than wiring off the ms . plus does anyone have a link to th wire colors to what spots on this board

o yea one last thing with a megasquirt installed do i need my missing link and sfmu anymore . if i do not need my missing link what way do i wire my map sensor in .plus there seems to be no wiring fot my cam sensor do i just leve it alone or do i wire that up someway two?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back