The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G JEGS roll cage/bar fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanZero

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
Jegs sells these roll cage/bar kits that fit many different models but the only one for a DSM is for 1gs. I want to know if this can fit in a 2g. Jegs customer service is of no help, and the "Chrysler" model of this bar fits a whole array of random cars.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/942801K/10002/-1
I'm only only looking for a 4 Point cage so I'm trying to figure out if I can make this fit. The tubes aren't notched so I can cut if need be but obviously the main hoop is the biggest concern. I'm not a welder so I planned to have someone install so the less modifications needed the better.

I haven't been in a 1g for years. Can someone at least verify if the main hoop area width and height is close to a 2g? Width being most important.

The price is pretty decent even after shipping, but I'm not going to gamble with something that'll cost $99 to return. A local shop wants at least $400 to make something similar.

Last edited:
Not sure what fabrication labor is where you are but any shop around here would easily spend way more than $250 in labor getting that to fit in a car, so if I were you I'd go with the $400 option to get a guaranteed good fit.

Thanks for the input guys, but you didn't answer my question!
As for the auto power cage, it's ridiculously priced for something identical to the jegs cage, just has holes in the plates and backing plates to bolt it in.

Since this is only a 4 point I was assuming I could assemble it first then get it in (haven't figured out how yet)? Am I mistaken? I assumed the autopower bolt in cage came pre welded together reading the description, so I thought I could do the same with the jegs cage. I don't want the auto power cage, but has anybody had experience with them? They're larger cages are supposedly bolt in too bit I don't see how you can fit a bigger cage without welding it together from inside.

I have a welder buddy who could assemble the cage from within if need be. Costs should be minimal for a 4 point. To clarify, the semi- local shop (about 1.5 hours away) quoted me "at least $400" for a 4 point, so I'm sure it would be a bit more.

Anyway, back to the original question, are 1g and 2g mid sections similar in size enough to allow the 1g hoop to fit a 2g?

Look into s&w cages
Thanks! I was actually about to update: s&w is going to make me a 4pt cage for $175, and they're only about an hour away so I can save on the horrendous shipping costs. I'll have to pay a bit more to have it assembled in the car, I'm trying to get a friend of a friend to do it for $100 and a case of beer LOL

Also for future reference, all sources say "NO" to my original question.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back