The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

JAX FL. DSM's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well just like I said before... These people with these huge wings and crazy body kits with nothing under the hood, I think thats just a bit over kill and thats not my cup of tea.... But according to your statment you must not like 95% of all real import racers out there in the Pro-Drift scene, Time Attack, and JGTC and many more, because all of them have some sort of crazy body kits and wings and splitters and lips on them but they are bad ass real race cars... that to me is cool because they have struck a great balance where form is function.

Personally, I don't follow what you call "real" racing at all. I don't follow Nascar, drift, NHRA or anything like that. So it's all kind of a moot point.

Point well taken... every one is entitled to their own taste and opinion. :)

So when are you guys gonna get together around here anyway? You guys say the import scene is dying and what not.. but I dont see anyone in our car class as of latley really trying to get us all together to meet up with other fellow DSM'rs or meet with the local DSM club that is already established. I havent been here long enough... but from what I have herd from other import enthusiasts in this area and at different local tuner shops. And what little I have seen, until this saturday night. The import scene is going strong....

So who is down for a local meet soon??

Hey guys, im new to the DSM market and had some questions about my 97 i just got. im off baymeadows and got some things going on with my car ( i.e. engine codes, lights not working, and RR brake caliper locked up). Would anybody meet up with me to help me with these problems?

Thanks

I'm going to go out as soon as I can get my new clutch master and slave in......Damn act2600's wearing out my hydralics...LOL

Bodykits. It is just the reason that some douche put all this money into a bodykit and paint and comes to a light or whatever. OOPS! And he gets takin like a midget in a Uego. He should have spent more money on performance than looks. Ricer. And why would you want to change a 2G stock bumper. I think it already looks badass and it can be modified like my to make it custom and have more room for intercooler. Thats all

Wow........That's one hell of a statement. What if they are just not done with there setup yet? I mean damn that's kinda harsh man. I understand what you are trying to say, but we all don't have money to throw at our cars all the time you know. I'm not saying my car's that slow, because it's not....LOL.....I'm just saying I have friends that are still works in progress. And they are not ricer cars.

ouch that is harsh well my car has a kit and i only did that because my original body got vandalized so i had to get something new most of people in jax like my car tho met very few ppl who don't and i do got some go with my show and is it possible to make a good running gst or gsx run a 13.99 i mean to me thats kinda unheard of

Wow you really are ingnorant and close minded... have fun with your life.. LOL

A true car enthusiast is one that does not judge what another car enthusiast chooses to create with his/her own project car. A project car should be a reflection of what the owner wants it to be.. what he feels is cool, thats why we have had so many advancements in the import scene because if everyone was to think or say "you are only a cool or a true car enthusiast if you own an domestic car with a V8 engine" then we would be no where and the streets would be filled with the same old Mustang 5.0's and Camero's and Vette's with worked engines and everyone would look the same, and it would be so boring, and no one would have the pleasure of seeing the look on one of those guys faces when you spank them in an "IMPORT"

My opinion... you do whatever the heck you want to do to your car... who gives a crap if someone says... "Ohhh thats a ricer" If its what you like.. and if it is your own style and if it is what smokes your shorts.. then is cool for you.. if you want more show than go... then do it.. if you want more go than show.. who cares... do it.. if you want both.. go for it! But dont sit and criticize that because someone else has different taste they are not as good or "cool" as you.

Remember... the term "Ricer" started way back when, when it was ment to describe a person who took their Japanese Import car and hooked it up to try and make it fast or try and make it cool looking... because it was Japanese Made and they grow "Rice" over there... Hence-forth the term... "Ricer". So to be true to the meaning.. we are all "Ricers" because all of our cars Eclipse, Talon, Laser's engine,tranny and "guts" are from "over there" and are of the Import Decent. Diamler Chrysler just had to slap their badge on them too and get a piece...

Ok Im done...

WOW , so back on topic.
Any one still interested in meeting up , having a bite to eat at Beef O'Bradys and hanging out ? Or are we making excuses.Paul , bring the POS 2G out of the Cove or finish the LS1 killa, racinfeen; PM me for more info and lets do this .

Yes back on TOPIC, I am defenitely down for a meet... lets do it get some grub check out the cars and cruise the town...... Im there!

Whats up everyone, you can add me to one of the few 1G's left in Jax. I don't know any DSMers here, I usually try to stay low key, but if you guys are planning any meets this week or weekend let me know because I am in need of some parts to put mine back on the road. I'm in argyle forest 1 min from beef o brady's if you guys still go there. PM me if you have a 1990 turbo so I can test my ecu.

just wanted to know if anybody locally is interested in buying some parts i have just sitting around.
2 1g intake turbo manifolds
2 2g turbo cylinder heads
7 bolt ACT flywheel that needs to be resurfaced.
1g intake and exhaust camshafts off a 1993 tsi

If anyone likes "spirited driving" I know a lot of people that like "spirited driving". Beef's is alright some times, but I like cars, speed, adrenaline, and racing. I hate all the "ricers" that come to the small places and do burnouts in there civics. If you want to show some people DSM power talk to me. Most of the cars I am talking about are 300+hp. Good times.

I have A 92 Eclispe N/T. I'm changing out the head gasket, This will be the first time I have ever attempted anything thing other than normal maintenance. I feel sure that I can handle it, but I dont want to mess anythng up. I will continue to read. But I havent found anything telling me what tools to make sure I have or where to go to have the cylinder head refinished.

Thanks for any info,
If not, O well, As they say School of Hard Knocks :cool:

sooo..... its december of 2007 and just for a little update for everyone, the dsm scene kinda sucks compared to what it used to be (from what i hear, cause ive only been here since feb 2007)

Well just like I said before... These people with these huge wings and crazy body kits with nothing under the hood, I think thats just a bit over kill and thats not my cup of tea.... But according to your statment you must not like 95% of all real import racers out there in the Pro-Drift scene, Time Attack, and JGTC and many more, because all of them have some sort of crazy body kits and wings and splitters and lips on them but they are bad ass real race cars... that to me is cool because they have struck a great balance where form is function.

Your exactly right.. There is a huge difference between a sti or evo or 240 (for ex.) with 350+ whp sponsered race car and a tastefully done body kit that actully is wind tunnel tested than there is some guy with a shogun style nopi body kit and a macco paint job and all he has is na and some hacked cai from freakin autozone.. Autozone tuners as I call them...

Looking to form a dsm club in Jacksonville. To be part of the club the car must run the 1/4 mile at least 12.9 and faster, no body kits, no aluminum wings, no neon lights, no altezza lights, no bright colored paint jobs, no chicken wire mesh.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back