The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is my boost controler set up right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backinajiffy12

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2008
Shakopee, Minnesota
Ok so I have a turbo XS manual boost contorler and i was wondering if it is setup right. I have a short route FMIC and my MBC is attached to a nipple in my Jpipe and to my wastegate. Once i hit 5000rpm or so it creeps from 14psi to 25psi. it that my boost controler or my clutch slipping?

def not the clutch slipping. hook a hose straight from the jpipe nipple to the actuator to see if it still creeps. if so verify your actuator isnt stuck and you need to port out the wastegate side of the o2 housing. if not you should adjust the boost controller so that u can blow through it and start adjusting the mbc from there. some mbc's are very sensitive and if i recall correctly turning mine just half a turn would seem to increase boost by like 2-3psi. its pretty much trial and error.

sounds like boost creep to me. do what GSiceT said.. run a line right from the jpipe to the accuator, if the problem is still present.. take the turbine housing off and get it ported, may want to consider putting a larger WG flapper on it also.

The turbo you're running is notorious for boost creep. You need to port the turbine housing and create an easier path to the wastegate for excess exhaust gas to flow. When doing this, also check that your flapper is opening a full 90*, often times, the flapper is kept from fully opening by the portion of the flange behind the flapper. You will need to grind that down too so it can open all the way.

It would fix the problem. i've done this same thing before works great!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back