The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Installing hard UICP (2.25") onto stock SMIC. need reducer....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frigginlazer

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2004
maurertown, Virginia
Finally got almost all I need for my MAFT install. The MAF, Translator, Bursher Racing Hard UICP, 2G TB Elbow, and reducers to attach my 3 inch MAF to my 2.25 inch UICP. But now I am stuck... I can use a spacer to get the reducer from the MAF to attach tothe elbow, but I need to find one that will attach to the stock SMIC. I know I should just put on a nice FMIC with 2.5 inch piping, but my car is mostly stock. I acnt really dump a lot of cash into the car right now, but If I leave the MAF and what not laying around I doubt they will work when I get arond to getting a FMIC.

Sooo.... Does any one know where I can get a 2.25 inch to a 1.75 inch reducer? I have looked around and havent seen any. I have contacted the company tha I got my othere ones from and after a week I havent heard from them. I really need this part.

Thank you for any help.

:laser:

you could call a dsm vendor like slowboy, extreme psi etc... and see if they have one. I think www.machv.com has a pretty big selection of couplers to choose from. If not you could get a 1.75" peice of rubber and a 2.25" coupler and put the smaller one inside the bigger one and tighten the shit out of the hose clamp.

Here's a site I haven't been to for a few years now, but they do have a 1.75" to 2.0" silicone reducer. Mate that to a second reducer from 2.0 to 2.25 and you'll be all set -> http://bakerprecision.com/purosil4.htm

If you don't have any luck finding the right reducers, or don't want to buy two of them like that, another thing you could consider is increasing the effective size of the 1.75" pipe by leaving a couple inches worth of 1.75" hose on the end of the intercooler's outlet and then clamping something even BIGGER on top of it. You have to clamp it down good and tight in order to avoid blowing the couplers apart, but you can also reinforce the connection with some sort of RTV, etc.

- SK

[EDIT]As the previous poster noted, machv indeed has a 1.75" to 2.0" reducer as well: http://www.machv.com/reco.html[/EDIT]

you know, that has got to be the simplest solution possible. just leave some of the stock hose n and add a coupler ontop of that..... I cant believe I diddnt think of it. Thanks guys. Thats what Im going to do.

wret said:
You can clamp a 2.25 silicone coupler down to 1.75.

With rubber you can do that for sure, but with silicone? I've never had any luck trying to compress good quality silicone personally.

Im going to hck the old IC tube, but have a question about squeezing the coupler I have dorwn to a 1.75.... Thats a half inch squeez. under 15 lbs boost you really yhink that will hold? I would imagine there will be pinch spots like gathers in cloth. shouldnt be a problem until boost is turned up. Mind you this is just my thought though. Thanks for the ideas on cutting stock pipes. Ill make that work.

I have 2.5" silicone tubing on IC pipe squeezed down to my teeny weeny turbo outlet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back