The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Installed the 720's and walbro 255lph

Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigwilly6754

20+ Year Contributor
May 28, 2002
Ma
Alight i just installed my fp green and 720's injectors and my 255lph fuel pump...Now I went to take it out and at idle the EGT gauge reads 750degress F at idle warmed up ....now while crusing it reads about 850F. Now if i try and WOT it falls on its face the turbo cant spool it just dies and almost wanted to stall!!! can anyone give me some tips?!?!

you are running RICH!!!!.... do you have some sort of fuel management? an s-afc would be good, but with those big of injectors you should invest in something like dsmlink or a standalone. you need to get it tuned.

I saw the afc on your list. tune that. do you have an afpr? with a hardwired 255, you need one.

yes i have an afc... no i dont have a FPR but when i rev the motor and it comes back to idle it wants to stall??

Originally posted by Bigwilly6754
yes i have an afc... no i dont have a FPR but when i rev the motor and it comes back to idle it wants to stall??

Too much fuel. The combination of 720cc injectors and a rewired 255 pump are causing your car to want to die. The lack of tuning is why your car falls on its face once the turbo starts to spool.

Originally posted by Bigwilly6754

either
1: fpr overrun
2: venting bov

either one will cause you to have too much fuel when then engine is under vaccuum.

3 would have the same symptom, but for a different reason. If you have vac. leak, you will have too much air causing it to be very lumpy and probably stalling. Tuning with the afc and 720's, though I doubt you have too little fuel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back