The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Innovate MTX-L Plus sensor going bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've had mine for a few years mounted in the DP in the recommended range and haven't had any issues yet.

Thanks, Josh! Does it say where on the DP? Does it have to be a certain distance from turbo? My bung is toward the end of my DP.

I have only recalibrated it once and that was about a month ago, only reason I did was because the downpipe was out. I installed mine in the gap between the block and firewall which was close to 18".

They are just off the shelf bosch o2 sensors used in vw/audi. I've had some last a few years to a few months. Not really a big deal as you can just pick them up at autozone and they come with a 1 year warranty. If it fails, you bring it back and get a brand new one same day.

I recently installed an mtx-l back in December and my sensor failed in February. Since mine failed within 2 months (which is unacceptable), reading horror stories about others, and sensors costing 60$ each, I decided to go back with my trusty aem wideband. I've run an aem in multiple cars that I have owned and no problems. This is just my experience.

I currently have the AEM uego and I honestly don't trust it 100%. It's slow and not up to date as far as technology go. It's also off by .5 from what's logged in link. Supposedly the plus is much faster outputting information. Thanks, Mike!

The sensors have a 1 year warranty and its always best to always buy local so you can easily exchange it if issues arise. You're only paying $60 in that 1 year time frame. AEM, Innovate or whatever all use the same off the self sensors. Be it the old square plug aem, oval plug newer aem/innovate, 4.2 or 4.9, its made by bosch.

Bosch 4.2 17014 (Innovate)
Bosch 4.2 17018 (square plug old aem)
Bosch 4.9 17025 (new aem and Innovate)

Last edited:
Check out aem's x line wideband kit. Supposedly much faster read times. I'm not convincing you to go that route, just want to make you aware of all the options out there. Cheers and good luck!

The Aem isnt as accurate they seem more reliable because when the sensor degrades the Innovate will flag an error where the Aem will just lie to you and let you think that everything is ok as you do damage to your engine. Its recommended to mount the sensor 3ft from the turbo, high heat or high pressure will kill the sensor in short order, also having the sensor heater on before starting the car will kill it, it needs to slowly warm up with the exhaust gas not before.

Bumping this.

Innovates just have way too high of a failure rate. Sure you can keep replacing and re calibrating the 60 dollar sensor but the rate at which I have had to do this is just unacceptable.........mine is a case where an AEM performed in their place for almost 10 years with zero issues.......... and it still works great.

I even still use this AEM kit to stick in the tail pipe of questionable cars just as a sanity check in certain situations.

I have had this lame experience with both the MTXL and the LC2 kits. Shame because they log with link perfectly with no need for the user to setup a linear voltage table (which is super easy to do btw but still a positive for Innovate).

I will be moving away from the innovate stuff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back