The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

injector comensation and turbo upgrade ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstspyda97

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2004
Vandalia, Ohio
ok so right now i have a 14b with all supporting mods except injectors, but im going to be upgrading to a bigger turbo over the summer, 18g or something higher, now i want to get 650 injectors i have both the SAFC2 and MAFT, would the MAFT be able to compensate for the 650cc? i heard that the MAFT can only handle up to 550ccs but if this is the case i can just use my SAFC 2 correct?

btw what Turbo would you all recomennd with the current mods? im look for 325-350 to the wheels with good tuning from the dyno and yet be streetable for Daily Driving

Turbo XS RFL BOV W/ MAFT "2.5 BLowthrough"
3" GM MAF
Megan Racing 3" Downpipe (i plan on finishing the rest to 3 inches with a Manaflow Muffler before turbo)
Homemade Intake for Blowthrough w/ K&N Filter
NGK Plugs
Ported 2g O2 Housing and exhaust manifold
SAFC2
B&M Command Flow FPR @ 43 PSi
B&M Knockoff Short Shifter @ 50%
Walbro 190 LPH(should i get the 255HP?)
Joe P MBC
PocketLogger
Johnny RaceCar FMIC w/ 2.5" Piping
i also plan on getting Comp stage 1 or FP1 cams
and the act 2600

DsmLink is nice but you should be fine with the maft and the afc2. I am using the vpc and afc setup for now but the maft can compensate and with the afc2 you should be fine. On my e16g I only had an afc with 550c injs and a 2g mas and it was fine. Just watch knock on a logger and tuner for minimal or no knock.

Maft can do 650's, that's about it's limit but you can get an EPROM and dsmchip rather cheap. I would get a bullseye TO4B V-trim, save on install kit, or the EVO16G. mark
PS: Comp cams 101200's for sure! I just got a set and they idle like stock at 900 rmp's and have a wide power band. You will not be dissapointed with them unless you want a lumpy idle!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back