The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Idle and performance from crower stage 2 cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
I have a 90 AWD that I have a HP goal of 350-360 (at the wheels). I am currently in the process of having the head worked over to stage 2 street/strip using SS stock size valves, victory performace springs and ti retainers all work is being done by dale forrester at FRH.
My timeslip goals are 12.000s all day while trying for very high 11s but maily a fast street car that I drive daily. Turbo will be ported EVO 16g :confused:
I am thinking about upgrading the cams if my drivabilty and idle wont suffer. I was thinking just a 262 HKS exhaust will do me good and keep the Idle and pass emisssions every 2 years.
What do you guys feel about the crower stage 2 cams as far as performance and idle and drivability. Should I get them or spend the money elsewere and just run my 90s.
Thanks for your replys

I got EVOIII 16G and Crower's Stage I or (HKS264 copy) in mine. Idle sucks because I didn't index the cams but pulls hard up to redline. I wouldn't go any bigger with a 16G. IMO

Should I keep the stock 90 cams in or what? Throw me a frickin bone here :confused:

Well i guess its more of a question of do you want to spend the money on cams. Of course it will be a good upgrade but do you need them right now? its up to you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back