The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

I need to know some stuff about the 1g ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPOOL_GSX

Probationary Member
Oct 31, 2004
vacaville, California
My car is having problems, Cylinders 1 and 4 are misfiring, the turbo 99% of the time won't spool past 0 (althought twice i got it to like 7 PSI.) the car has terrible responce and is sooo slow, and running very rich. A mechanic said it was the ECU, i tried a pocket logger and it wouldn't even read anything. I am now looking for a new ECU, what do i need, do i have to get a 91 just like mine? what things have to match up? and i am sure i can find this out in the FAQ's but i might as well ask this since i am ont he subject, what is EPROM and should i get an ECU that comes with it? Thanx for the help.

Car info:
91 GSX
Manuel

91-94 ecu are all the same, they will all work as long as it's a turbo model ecu.

As far as running on 2 cylinders, I would check your transitor pack and coil pack for that, that does'nt sound like an ECU problem. As far as the boost, check all the vaccum lines to the wastegate, check the waste gate actuator arm, it is not uncommon for the cotter key to fall out and dislodge the arm off the flapper. Allso you may have a warped wastegate flapper door, that is not uncommon as well..

Get the missfiring fixed 1st, check the coil pack and transitor pack and then go from there to determine if the ecu is bad, but do not rule out the ecu.

good luck with it.

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back