1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

420A I need help ASAP Camshaft position sensor on my 96 eclipse gs

Posted by Bungie, Apr 17, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Bungie

Bungie Probationary Member

Joined Apr 17, 2019
    Lithonia, Georgia
    I have a 96 eclipse GS n/a
    I had a bad wiring problems on my camshaft position sensor connector I rewired it to fix my problem the car wouldn’t turn on, I try again and it turn on for a bet then cut off
    I was guessing it could be my wires on the connector so I turn it over again and it turn on and kept running for a hour, while it still running I wanted to see what could be the problem...Literally I touch my connector for the CPS and the car cut off instantly So i know its the connector..I started looking around the wire and around the end of the connector it had a shortage to short to cut, so i bought a CPS connector that fits 97 models since they don’t have a 96 model connector but can I swap out my 96 CPS and connector with a 97 I have pics of it but I noticed the wires colors r different I need a diagram or something, the thing is I search everywhere for a 96 CPS connector but they don’t have any at all only 97 CPS and connectors

Attached Files:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    The connector you have is just a crappy reproduction that didn't bother to use the same wire colors.
    cam sensor on a 95-96 (round pin) is wired the same as the 97+
    pin 1 yellow
    pin 2 black/green
    pin 3 blue/red

DSC05141_cr.jpg

ThunderChild likes this.
  3. Bungie

Bungie Probationary Member

Joined Apr 17, 2019
    Lithonia, Georgia
    It worked thanks man