The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I need help again after installing my 440's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
Well I started my car up today after installing my 440's and it started up and idled fine but if I if I push on the throtle at all it wants to die. My fuel pressure gauge is reading 0 my vac is around 20. I changed the sfmu disc and spring to the 2.72 and largest disc and dark spring and have the static screw up pretty far. If I put the sfmu together wrong could that be causing this? Also this part Im holding where does it go with the sfmu or what? Sorry for all the questions.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/rseclipseman1999/DSC00128.jpg

Not sure about it wanting to die, but that part you are holding is a restrictor, it's supposed to go I believe about 6 inches from the SFMU on the vac line.

edit: sorry about 2-3 inches away from the sfmu. Check it out here on the top of the second page
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/manuals/superfmuim.pdf

That part I already have on the sfmu thats on the top and its similar but brass color and is attached to my vac line. The one in the pic is another one that Im not sure about

daltah said:
That part I already have on the sfmu thats on the top and its similar but brass color and is attached to my vac line. The one in the pic is another one that Im not sure about

Any pics? Are you talking specifically about that piece that's double sided and attached to nothing, or about the barb that is sticking out the top of the sfmu for the vac line. They are two separate parts

Right now I just need help finding out why my fuel pressure gauge is reading 0 and my car want to die if I pull the throtle. If I start It up my car idles fine but I cant drive it or it will die.

If you have zero fp then you might have a problem:thumb: How do you have your fuel lines ran? Are you using your stock fuel filter or did you delete the whole mess back there and use a universal filter? It soulds like you had your sfmu hooked up and running before you installed your injectors. If this is true then what did you change? Start there. If you have a electric fp gauge check your conections. I really dont know what to tell you.
How long have you idled your car after your injector install? If not long turn it back on and see if it will run for awhile. If it starts to studder or dies then you probably are having a lack of fp problem.
These are just ideas I would checkk out and see where they lead you.
sam

Everything ran fine before. The only thing I changed was my stock injectors out with 440's and know it reading o fuel pressure and want to die when I step on the gas. Everything seems to be connected fine

check valve?

daltah said:
Well I started my car up today after installing my 440's and it started up and idled fine but if I if I push on the throtle at all it wants to die. My fuel pressure gauge is reading 0 my vac is around 20. I changed the sfmu disc and spring to the 2.72 and largest disc and dark spring and have the static screw up pretty far. If I put the sfmu together wrong could that be causing this? Also this part Im holding where does it go with the sfmu or what? Sorry for all the questions.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/rseclipseman1999/DSC00128.jpg

I just noticed you dropped in 440cc injectors without having any kind of air to fuel controller for the compensation. The problem is that on idle your car probably dumps a lot of fuel but NOT enough to stall your car from running super rich conditions. However, when you put any kind of load on it (Pressing the gas), you all of a sudden run REALLY rich to the point where you foul your spark plugs which results in shutting your car off. Get an S-AFC of some sort and if you continue to run your car like that, you will contaminate the oil with fuel which we all know likes to remove oil off the cylinder walls, we don't want that.

Ultimatedsm said:
I just noticed you dropped in 440cc injectors without having any kind of air to fuel controller for the compensation. The problem is that on idle your car probably dumps a lot of fuel but NOT enough to stall your car from running super rich conditions. However, when you put any kind of load on it (Pressing the gas), you all of a sudden run REALLY rich to the point where you foul your spark plugs which results in shutting your car off. Get an S-AFC of some sort and if you continue to run your car like that, you will contaminate the oil with fuel which we all know likes to remove oil off the cylinder walls, we don't want that.
You dont "need" a safc to run your car with your current setup. Many people dont use it and the car runs fine. Your problem is your fuel pressure. If your gauge works. Start there you will nopt like how the safc works with the 420a. Trust me it will be a waste of money.

Yeah hes right you dont need a safc to tune even though they do work with the 420a. I got the car up and running fine today. With 440s and a sfmu and its idles perfect.

daltah said:
Yeah hes right you dont need a safc to tune even though they do work with the 420a. I got the car up and running fine today. With 440s and a sfmu and its idles perfect.
What did you do to make it run better? If you say loosen the set screw I am going to cry.:cry:

I didnt even notice but some how the power wire to my inline fuel pump got disconnected. As soon as I hooked it back up everything was good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back