The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

How wide are your tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickets4days

Banned Member
Mar 13, 2005
Shalimar, Florida
What is the widest size tire you can fit on a 2G without modifying the wheelwell? About 8.5" maybe? Anyone running anything wider?

8.5" is wheel size, and I believe it's 245 width before you have to roll fenders.

Depends on how much the car is lowered too...

Ahhh, gotcha. FWD people just need as much rubber to street as they can get, LOL.

245's require lots of rolling, and still rub a little according to every thing ive read about it. I just bought 18X8 (38 offset) wheels and ordered a set of 245/40/18's so we'll see in a few days...

jtmcinder said:
245/45/17 Azeni Sports?

- Jtoby

Ya, too big and heavy honestly. I would have rather went 245-40, or 255-40 from a different company of course. I have had upright fitment issues (fixed with the ghetto spacers), and now they rub the fenders nicely, but I can't find a local shop who wants to roll them for me. Next up is coilovers with some nasty rear spring to help cope with this. 650lb/rears + a half inch higher rear stance should be plenty IMO.

I have 245/45R16's on 16x7.5" wheels and it's too much :) The wheels just barely stick out under the fenders. That's not a big deal as I've got my car lifted as high as possible and run some fairly stiff springs (650/550 combo). However, the tires still rub on the inside at full lock. Just too much...

you can get as wide as you want, its the height you have to worry about. The slicks im getting stick out 4" past the wheel weel.

255/35/18 kumho ecsta supra 712 tires on ronal lv 18x8.5" +35mm offset wheels. Rolling the fenders in the back just doesn't cut it... I had to freaking put like -1.9 degrees of camber back there to get them to not rub on compression. The front, I can't remember what camber I have but I maxed to what I can get with my ingall's adjustment and they don't rub. This was all an experiment and generally I think I'll go back to 245 tires next round, hehe, as they had fit much more nicely.

DSMu4ia said:
Ya, too big and heavy honestly. I would have rather went 245-40, or 255-40 from a different company of course. I have had upright fitment issues (fixed with the ghetto spacers), and now they rub the fenders nicely, but I can't find a local shop who wants to roll them for me. Next up is coilovers with some nasty rear spring to help cope with this. 650lb/rears + a half inch higher rear stance should be plenty IMO.

Why not just roll the fenders yourself? There are plenty of places online that sell or rent the tools necessary.

I have 235/40/18 with 2 inch drop springs on a N/T FWD...works awesome

245/45/17 9" wheels they barely fit :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back