The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How much boost with 440cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96eclipsex

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2005
Rutledge, Tennessee
I have
T3/T4 turbo
aeromotive fpr 1:1
walbro 255lph pump
e-manage
440cc injectors

Does anyone know how much boost my setup can push before running lean?

Its not so much the boost level you should be looking at, as it is the horsepower goal your going to be shooting for. Use the fuel injector size calculator at www.rceng.com . You can get a little more boost out of the injectors if you up the fuel pressure past 43.5psi however I don't reccomend that a "real" soloution.
I'll tell you that with my setup (megasquirt, 550cc, t3/t4, 1:1 afpr) I'm pushing 80-85% on the duty cycle at about 15-16psi with my fuel pressure set to 43psi.

Do the calculation and it'll better give you an idea of what the 440cc's can do.

Ok first specs on the t3/t4 would be helpful. I'm suprised none of these guys have brought that up as a t3/t4 say 60-1 is gonna be able to run less boost then a small t3/t4 ebay special 14b/16g sized turbo. Second tuning comes into play. SOme guys can get away with running more boost to a point if they having timing and fuel control as they can create safer peramters.

If you left everything stock and your turbo is a basic small 300hp max style ebay turbo then 8-10psi max.

By the way are you spraying and boosting a stock 420a? IF so how is that holding up for you? WHat psi are you boosting presently or were you before the injector upgrade.

well I'll tell you right now, (from first hand experience) he won't have anytime timing control from the emanage.

If he goes with bigger injectors the emanage won't be able to compensate for it, because it scales its maps using a percentage of the stock injecotrs (if you haven't noticed are stock injectors are really small, like 190 or 220cc)

Either way asking the emanage to control injectors that are that much bigger than stock and scale it properly is asking for issues, (ie. having to run really low fuel pressure to get it to idle)

I'd say 440cc are the limit, If you raise your fuel pressure up to say 50psi, you might be able to squeeze a pound or two of extra boost, But I wouldn't run anything over 10-12psi if your built, and anything over 8psi if your not built.

well I'll tell you right now, (from first hand experience) he won't have anytime timing control from the emanage.

If he goes with bigger injectors the emanage won't be able to compensate for it, because it scales its maps using a percentage of the stock injecotrs (if you haven't noticed are stock injectors are really small, like 190 or 220cc)

Either way asking the emanage to control injectors that are that much bigger than stock and scale it properly is asking for issues, (ie. having to run really low fuel pressure to get it to idle)

I'd say 440cc are the limit, If you raise your fuel pressure up to say 50psi, you might be able to squeeze a pound or two of extra boost, But I wouldn't run anything over 10-12psi if your built, and anything over 8psi if your not built.

No one mentioned bigger injectors but everything you said is true about controling bigger injectors UNLESS he has emanange Ultimate or w/e they call it which does have timing control. Anyway pulling timing becomes more important with high boost then a/f ratio not to say both aren't important but having to much timing advance will nuke a engine faster than say a a/f ratio a little on the lean side. Think of it like this The ecu can pull timing if it reads to much air coming in but it won't inject more fuel if timing gets too high.

Just wanted to clarify, the emange blue does have timing control, it just doesn't work on the 2gnt. (search "E-manage" on 2gnt.com for more information)

I don't know if anyone figured out how to control timing on the 2gnt.com with the emange ultimate, but I do believe you are right in that they revamped their fuel injector control so that it scales it better to be able to run much bigger injectors over stock.

Just wanted to clarify, the emange blue does have timing control, it just doesn't work on the 2gnt. (search "E-manage" on 2gnt.com for more information)

I don't know if anyone figured out how to control timing on the 2gnt.com with the emange ultimate, but I do believe you are right in that they revamped their fuel injector control so that it scales it better to be able to run much bigger injectors over stock.

Yeah Randy would know better than I about effectiveness of stuff with 2gnt as I'm still learning and trying to convert 4g63 knowledge to 420a knowledge. In a nut shell stock motor 8psi built motor 12psi.

12psi is definitely not the limit for 440's on a built motor...

to be honest, you really have to do the math to figure out what kind of boost you can run using the emanage, and 440cc injectors. You must factor in the fuel pressure you plan on runnning, and the horsepower goal your looking for.

Back when I had the emanage, at one point I had 390cc injectors, running at 14psi, but I had my fuel presssure jacked up to 70psi to over copensate. I could have boosted it higher, but I was already playing with fire by having my fuel pressure up that high.

When I went to 550cc injectors, I had to turn the fuel pressure down to 30psi in order to get the car to idle, and the 1:1 couldn't keep up as I went higher in boost. (or maybe it did but I really didn't care at that point because I was planning on switching to MSnS by then)

To be honest, I don't reccomend the emange for our cars, but it can be done, but you really have to spend the time to figure it out, and try to spend extra money doing it.

Nope, I never read any threads you post in sippy cup dude ### I can't stand to see what you type LOL. EManage is not recommended on our vehicle for a reason. There's always the black sheep tho, so to each his own.

Nope, I never read any threads you post in sippy cup dude ### I can't stand to see what you type LOL. EManage is not recommended on our vehicle for a reason. There's always the black sheep tho, so to each his own.

That's ok I think your a od guy anyway like how your profile says your from FL but it looks like there's snow on your car in the main pic LOL j/k. Anyway 12psi was my suggestion seeing how emange doesn't compensate for crazy big injectors and two doesn't have timing control. Randy is right about the fuel pressure but like he said def playing with fire. I would rather see the OP aim for 12 and run more then aim higher cause we misslead him and blow his engine.

haha, I actually prefer to see carnage threads :rocks:

If you take a little time out of your schedule for a little searching, you'll find plenty of posts and threads by me. Lots of my super crappy luck etc etc. There's snow on my car because I was in Alaska, but yes I'm in Florida now. Welcome to the 420a community :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back