The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G How does my top/front engine mount look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
It is 23,800 miles old. and probably all 19 years (since birth...) It looks ok, but then again i dont know what im looking for, and i can feel slight movement in the stickshift when accel/decel (like slight shift, not really visible, more tactile) for example under load, the stick shifts slightly back, and let off the load, stick shifts foreward, oh so slightly. is that feeling normal?

When the hood is popped and i rev the engine, it doesnt fly all over the place like those stupid a$$ youtube videos.

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0232.jpg
    IMAG0232.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 61
That feeling is normal I believe, mine use to do it until I got the energy suspension inserts. That mount looks like it's in excellent shape though. If you want to increase your shifter stiffness and feel, go get the energy suspension transmission mount inserts from autozone. They're special order parts and might take a couple days to get there but totally worth it.

I'm running those with a prothane passenger transmission mount and the stock drivers side mount. My transmission shifts amazing.

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think they sell those for first gens.

You could get some plastic cutting board (yes for food) and some 3m window weld. fill the gaps with the cutting board and use the window weld to fill the rest, will make a solid motor mount. :thumb:

My stick does that too and I have all prothane motor mounts so I'm sure its not that. The mount looks fine no dried/cracking rubber.

That looks fine, almost like new even. I completely replaced my front mount at the beginning of the summer, it was torn up to the point that the metal piece that the bolt passes through was basically sitting on the circular part of the mount, there was barely any rubber left at all.. Like yours most likely was the original part, with 210000 kms on it. New mount helped a bunch with vibrations obviously.

It is the prettiest mount in all the land! Except mine!

You can fill it, or just be happy it's good.

The one behind the block is the fun one to check. You can't see it without removing either the engine or the mount.

On second check, 92 Laser AWD with 28K? Quit bitching! I hate you, punk kid! I am so jealous. Don't F-@* that car up.

The stock mounts let the engine flop-around the engine room quite a bit. That's why there's rubber pads on the sides of them.

Last edited:
It is the prettiest mount in all the land! Except mine!

You can fill it, or just be happy it's good.

The one behind the block is the fun one to check. You can't see it without removing either the engine or the mount.

On second check, 92 Laser AWD with 28K? Quit bitching! I hate you, punk kid! I am so jealous. Don't F-@* that car up.

The stock mounts let the engine flop-around the engine room quite a bit. That's why there's rubber pads on the sides of them.

Oh sugar booger, I'm no punk kid... I was having a nostalgic moment from when I replaced my saturn sl2 engine mount... they make a frowny face (literally) mine looked like a happy face so I wanted to keep it that way.

BTW, someone had to die for me to be able to get this car (I sorta stole it) not in my lineage of course, but you get the idea. thanks for all the input. Its goin back in after a quick wipe down.

EDIT:

Its not 28k. its 23... u were only off by like 20%

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back